Community post

Discussion

Anyone late 30's and up trying to conceive again? :) Pt.2

View Full Post

Part 2 of the original "Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)" thread started in Feb.

Here's part one of the thread:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=8372

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Angel - I am sorry for your ordeal. Wish you had gone for bw now to see what the hcg would have been... Still, there are lots of women with bleeding who carry their pregnancy to term. You just never know. FX that you will know soon.

Airiesing - I am praying for your friend. Actually, I am praying for all of us...

Lisserb - So sorry to hear about your struggles. But you never know - you may have seen the trigger on your test. You could still get a positive beta unless AF rears her head.

MountainMama - Keep us posted, thanks for stopping by!

Ceegee - Welcome to this group. There is always hope!! :D

MamaBelle - I am crossing all my fingers and toes for your HPT!

AFM... This is what you get for impatience... I was supposed to have my first u/s scan on 06/12 but on Sunday I noticed that I was running out of my progesterone suppositories and so I called the OB's office yesterday to ask for a new prescription. The receptionist said that I could pick it up and I said I would come Tuesday (today) after work. She asked me why I wouldn't do my u/s scan then and I said well, I was going to wait to be sure, but what the heck... and I agreed I would get my u/s done earlier. So this aft I went in at 6w3d and all looked fine (bean measured 6w2d), but there was no heartbeat yet. :(
I mean, she said it's ok, it's still early, it could have been a late implanter and at this stage, one or two days make a huge difference.

There was the faintest flicker and she said that this was the heart, but I guess it was just to faint to be measurable. Of course, now she asked me to come back much later and I got a new appt on 06/18! Needless to say I am worried like crazy and I don't know how to get through the wait without going out of my mind. Of course, when you start googling, you find other posts where the hb was not seen on 6w3d but plenty of women have had strong hb's at this point. Not sure what to think.

Half of me says this is probably not going to progress, the other half says this was still right on the edge and in two days there could be a strong hb already. Not sure what to think.

Babydust and prayers!!

xoxo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Toronto-I know, I wished I would've now too. So called them and going in tomorrow morning. by mid Sunday it all stopped and I haven't had anything since. Now yesterday and today my temps are right back up ????

Honestly hun, i feel for you, it is the hardest part I think after finding out that you're preggo, to wait to see/hear that lil heartbeat. They did sono's weekly on my last pregnancy until they got the heartbeat, I wan't to say I was 7-8 wks before they got it with a trans u/s. So hang in there hun. Prayers for ya :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Toronto ... perfectly normal not to hear the heartbeat at that stage! The flicker is proof! xx00
Everything seems right on!

T

11 years ago

Thanks ladies, I know - it may not all be lost yet and I still have a good chance for a strong hb in two weeks. However, we all know how this feels, getting your hopes up high and then having them dashed again... This journey is so trying.

angel... Glad you are getting another beta tomorrow - FX !!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Toronto,

I fully agree, so much of the literature says anywhere b/t 6-8 weeks to hear a heartbeat and longer to detect if there are twins!

Sending you much positive and *calming* energy...hang in there :)

warmly,

Myself 42 Hubby 49 -------------- TTC #1 since 02/2010 User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

I know ive MIA lately but ive still been reading everyones updates.

Congratulations to the BFP :-)).

Lisser - chin up hun and hang on in there we will get out BFP soon :-)

AFM - ive started to get 'O' pains in my right side today, i nornally get them in my left side so hopefully the right side might be a good one :-)

TMI bit - i am feeling really wet down there and keep feeling like ive wet myself i dont normally feel like ive wet myself when im due to 'O'????!!!!

11 years ago

Hello ladies! I've been lurking in the background and finally decided to post. I'm 38 and trying for #2. DS is 5 and we are ready. Been off bc for over a year now and just been avoiding ovulation times until February. Starting trying in April which resulted in a CP. Never thought it would be so hard losing one!

Just found out I was doing my opk's wrong too. SIGH. Been on synthyroid now for 3 weeks and feeling so much better. Just waiting for af or good news this week.

Good luck to all of you.

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this site & new to this thread. After reading through all your posts I couldn't help but want to be part of this supportive sisterhood you have all developed. Hope you will welcome another new-comer!

I am 37 (tomorrow!) and DH will be 42 this month. I have PCOS & endometriosis. I have a DD that just turned ONE! It took us 13 years, 2 miscarriages, & lots of meds before we got our miracle. I actually ended up getting pregnant while on NOTHING with DD! A true miracle. I wanted to give it one last shot to see if I could have one more. DH was against it due to his age, finances, my medical history. But we finally compromised on giving it 6 months, no medical intervention & we'll see if God has another wonderful YES in store for us. We are on month one of trying. I didn't use an OPK so I'm not entirely certain when I O'd. I got what I thought was EWCM on CD#14 & BD'd that night. CD#15 I got O-cramps. But then out of nowhere I got more cramps & LOTS more CM on CD#18 & BD'd again just in case. I'm now on CD#27 & have no idea if I am 8dpo or 12dpo. I've had globs of CM on TP for the last 5 days which is not normal for me. And I had one day of a few hours of sharp pains in right ovary area. Took a HPT (ClearBlue Easy digital) yesterday but got a BFN I've been a little down since even though it's still early (AF due 6/11). Haven't had any symptoms today so far. I'm trying to stay positive but time is not on my side this go round. But at least I have my DD to keep me grateful & smiling no matter what.

I enjoyed getting to know all of you thorugh your posts & wishing tons of & to all. If any of you have any insight on the CM or what dpo I am, please feel free to share!

11 years ago

Welcome Chanda and JennC! I hope you both get your miracles soon!

Hi Karen, I'm doing fine. And yes, we will both get our BFP eventually!

It's not this time for me though. AF showed up right on time this morning. C'est la vie!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

welcome to the group Chanda and JennC!!!! Great group of ladies here.

Chanda-one thing I found is that the digitals are not as sensitive as others. I have had pretty good experiences with First Response Early result. they are more sensitive. I don't get a + on a digi until several days of +'s on First response. Hang in there :) thoughts and prayers coming your way :)

Lisserb-I am so sorry to hear that, so hard I know. you are in my thoughts and prayers.

AFM-well my bbt dive bombed this morning, had my dr appt, they did bloodwork, and also dr. checked me and he said that he is pretty sure from the exam that I had an early miscarriage :'( so just going to take it easy and relax. this mth if it happens it's going to be natural, just want to relax from all the stress of ttc. so going to still atleast chart and use my monitor to keep track of things. No supplements except my vitamins. If it's in God's plans for us it will happen. It's all in His timing.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo