Community post

Discussion

Anyone late 30's and up trying to conceive again? :) Pt.2

View Full Post

Part 2 of the original "Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)" thread started in Feb.

Here's part one of the thread:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=8372

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 327 Replies | Last Page

So sorry mommymayer!

Welcome loopylyns.

Yay lisserb. Excited for you.

User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this thread, so will tell you a bit about myself.

I have a 14 year old from my previous marriage, I'm 35 and my new husband is 41, he has no children.

We have now been trying for 2 years, I suffered a chemical pregnancy just over a year ago, and we have had tests which are all ok.... I have periods which range from 28 days to 34 days.... I'm not taking any opk tests now, have been trying to go with the flow, which is easier said than done.

Every month I convince myself I'm pregnant by the slightest symptom, which always turns out to be wrong, I have spent a fortune on pregnancy tests.

Whilst this month I have slightly different symptoms, I'm not getting my hopes up, and I'm not gonna test ...AF is due between 18th and 24th......

Fingers crossed I will finally get my BBP?..

Good luck and baby dust to you all still trying out there x

11 years ago

Welcome Ttc15... Sorry for your struggles... You are in a good place here to exchange your worries. I would suggest though trying to use opks. Since you seem to have a bit irregular cycles, it would help to determine your exact O date, which is important. Money will be better spent than on too many Hpts.

Xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Welcome Ttc15!! I have to agree with toronto. Money is better spent on opks than hpts. I just started using them a few months ago as I had no clue when the big O was coming. Unfortunately, I miscarried last month but after all these tests that I have coming up, I'll be back to using the opks. Good luck!

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

11 years ago

No matter how much you're trying to prepare yourself...
...I guess no one is ever "prepared" for this. I knew going into this process, that setbacks could happen, that BFNs may be inevitable and that there is also the possibility of a m/c... But as much as you're trying to mentally prepare for bad news, once it hits you, you are not prepared at all. I don't really know what to say - some of you have already gone through this, too. I feel like no negative HPT has ever been as heartbreaking as losing that little being and all the hopes that go with it.

I hope I do not sound to dramatic. I guess, I am still in a state of shock. My head is already thinking about how to move on from this, my heart is devastated. I am turning 43 next month and I think that nature is trying to send me a message. That it is too late for me. I do not look and feel like 43, I have a 5-year old and I want nothing more than a sibling for him and a biological child for DBF (he has no children). The OB said that I am lucky that I already have a healthy child. Of course, I am blessed with this beautiful son of mine, but who has the right to say that it is no longer my turn?

I am heartbroken and I am not sure where to go from here.

I had DS with me at the OB's office yesterday and so I had to hold back my tears until I had put him to bed. I have been keeping myself busy with preparing his birthday cake for kindergarten and putting up his birthday decoration and the presents last night. I am not really sure when this will all sink in - it still feels surreal. My body feels "pregnant" but I saw the u/s screen - there was no baby. I knew that at 8w2d it should have looked differently. I guess the bean must have stopped growing right around the 6w2d mark.

I am sorry for being so long with my post, I think I've never been one of very few words and I don't know where to go with all these thoughts and tears...

Thank you all so much for all the hope and inspiration this group has given me.

I have a D&C scheduled on Thursday. I guess I will keep lurking to cheer you on.

FX
Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Toronto- oh no, hun I am so sorry for you, I have been there twice in that way, going in for an u/s to find my lil one's heart had stopped. I think it's one thing to know you miscarried, and hurt, but it's a whole different kind of devastation when you go in and expect to see your lil bean and their lil heartbeat and it's just not there. It's horrible. I know we are 2 completely different people, but from how you sound is pretty much about how devastated I was when it happened to me, I had a D & C the same day, I was so upset they actually had to sedate me. many hugs and prayers to you that God will give you the strength you need to get through this. Only God decides when it is no longer time for you to have another little one.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Oh Claudia, I'm so sorry. I was hoping you wouldn't have to lose one too. It just seems so unfair.

*hugs*

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

I am so so sorry toronto about your mc. I will pray that things get better.

User Image ME: 36 and DS DH: 34 and DS TTC Our first together

11 years ago

Claudia,

I am soooooo sorry to hear about your loss. Give yourself some time to get through this. There are no words to take away the pain, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stephanie

11 years ago

I'm so sorry Toronto. I was crying just reading your post. You are right - I keep all the excitement to myself for as long as I can and try so desperately not to feel the excitement but it's there. For each of my m/cs I lost it at different points. Just because I'm able to hide the emotion that is really there doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Call it denial if you want. You are doing the right thing posting here and make your posts as long as you want. Get it all out! Take some time for yourself. We understand, and I want to send you a BFH.

-MB3

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo