Community post

Discussion

Anyone late 30's and up trying to conceive again? :) Pt.2

View Full Post

Part 2 of the original "Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)" thread started in Feb.

Here's part one of the thread:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=8372

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Toronto-I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you. My cp was very hard for me at only 5 weeks along. I would have been devastated in your situation. Hugs and warm thoughts are being sent your way.

User Image

11 years ago

Toronto - hang in there hun. I m/c at 20 weeks baby had stopped growing and died inbetween u/s it took me a long time to deal with it but went on to have my DD a year later. Big hugs hun xx

11 years ago

Claudia I am so, sorry. Thinking of you xxxxx

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Hello ladies I just want to say sorry for those that have had lost I will keep you all in my prayers.

AFM- I had my appointment with the new RE today and the news was not great. I already have lost a tube when I had surgery last year and I have stage four Endo now it looks as if my other tube may have fluid in it but he is not sure and will not be able to do the test until July. DH and I are still going to try this month but we have discussed doing IVF if we have to, Im praying that we can do it without IVF but I dont have a good feeling about it. I am using pinapple core so I will see how it goes.

User Image ME: 36 and DS DH: 34 and DS TTC Our first together

11 years ago

Many prayers going up for those and their losses, That God will give you the strength that you need to keep moving forward.

AFM: if y'all wouldn't mind taking a peek and confirming what I think might be my BFP @ 10dpo, let me know what y'all think?

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test32091 ???

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I guess it's time for me to give an update, I've only been lurking and reading all the posts... Thank you so much all, it did give me some comfort to hear from you. No one understands better than women going through the same or similar process...

Kraken... OMG... 20 weeks? I am so, so sorry. I can only begin to understand how devastating this must have been for you. I guess, like my "slightly insensitive" OB said... it's better to happen now than much later on. Sigh.

angel... I do believe that there is definitely a line!! :) How do you do this, producing a BFP nearly every cycle ;) I really, really hope that you caught a sticky bean this time - your anniversary bean :D

mama_belle... How are you doing...? I was going some pages back and can't figure out if your cycle has returned yet?

lisserb... You said somewhere it took 2 months for the hcg to clear your system? I lost track on how far along you were when it happened?

Wantbaby... Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your results from the check up :( So, will you move on to IVF if this cycle does not work?

Jennyc, loopylyns, Mommymayer... Hey, will you guys set up a ticker please, so we can see where you are in your cycle? :D

TTC15, any news? Did you POAS?

AFM... I had my D&C this morning. The doctor was very nice and did another u/s just to be sure. The u/s, however, did confirm that the bean stopped growing at 6w+. Now I am more or less on bedrest for two days, however, I will get up at some point to bake and decorate DS' bday cake for his party on Saturday. I figure, I'll bake it later today and decorate tomorrow. It's also a good distraction.

The doctor said all went well according to the circumstances. The report says that my uterus had the size of 9w. There is still a big corpus luteum cyst. He said no one knows for sure when my cycle will return, probably 3 to 6 weeks, depending on how fast the hcg will go down. I guess I will start poasing at some point to see how the line is fading.

I called my RE's office, they said that I could theoretically start another cycle by September, maybe as early as August. I already ordered a ton of supps spending a small fortune. I know that there is no guarantee for them to work, but my eggs are old and every little bit helps. Ordering the supps and going back on them also gives me the feeling of "I am doing something and I am taking control". So, I will wait until the bleeding stops and than start my big supps regimen again. Two to three months will also be a good time frame for them to work.

DBF is willing to give it one more shot. Turns out we are both not quite ready to go down the DE route - besides, there is not so much a clock on that one as it is on my own eggs. The thing for me is, DS is from a previous relationship and if I go the DE route, he will not have a biological (half)-sibling, which is important to me. I guess, DBF would also prefer that it is my and his biological child, although he does not have any children of his own.

Sorry for being so long again... so much to report...

Will keep lurking and comment from time to time...

Babydust,
Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Claudia, *hugs* It sounds like you are hanging in there. It is so hard to go through a loss like this, for anyone, but seems especially cruel when you've invested so much money on treatments, finally get that happy BFP only to have it ripped away. I'm thinking of you. It did take about 2 months for my level to drop to single digits. My surgery to remove my bean was done at 6 weeks 2 days. The embryo was alive at the time, so I don't know if that made a difference for how long it took for the hcg to drop (not sure if yours would have started dropping before the D&C or not). If they didn't do a blood beta at the d&c, I'd recommend asking for one now and maybe every week or two, to make sure it is going down. My first period came about 43 days after the surgery. Everybody is different though, so hopefully your system regulates itself faster than mine did.

I went yesterday for what I expect will be our last iui. DH's sample was all good, except for his morphology. It was the lowest it's ever been...0%. The tech said that didn't mean that an egg could absolutely not get fertilized, it just meant in their test every sperm was abnormal. I'm not holding my breath on this one, and I expect I'll be able to drink it up on our anniversay when we are in Vegas next month.

I'd actually be able to be knocked over with a feather if this cycle does work.

Regardless, I'm now in the TWW also. I'll update and include a ticker later.

Luck and Hugs to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi lisserb,

thanks so much!! I am crossing my fingers for you this cycle - against all odds!!!!

I will try to enjoy the summer (if it is ever going to come this year) with lots of BBQs and red wine), so I can pass the time until September. There is still a ray of hope and I am trying to get some positive thoughts back.

If September works out, we would have another June baby after all... (just dreaming).

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hi all,

Claudia: I'm thinking of you. I can't figure out how to get a ticker. I'm no idiot with computers either - I just never have time to tinker around on this site. I'm just happy to be able to post and communicate with all of you strong amazing women!

To answer your question, yes, my AF came back 31 days after my most recent m/c. In November (m/c at 8weeks) it came back 52 days later. It's different for everyone, as I'm sure you know but I always like to hear others experiences, so I'm just sharing mine.

Wantbaby#2: Sorry that you didn't get great news from the doctor. Hang in there. My husband and I have to have the same conversation. Since I can pregnant and can't sustain the pregnancy, I'm not sure IVF is for us. Maybe I'm missing something.

Angel: I see it! Nice work. I'm praying for you.

Lisserb: My husband will be going for his SA in a week. To hear that every sperm is abnormal doesn't sound good but how important is morphology? You said everything was good but that. What else do they look for?

AFM: I'm getting a hysterosalpingogram (say that three times fast) today at 2pm. And a sonohysterosalpingogram tomorrow at 1pm. I'll have my bloodwork taken on CD3 and CD10 of next cycle. When I met with my RE I was on CD4, so I had just missed the bloodwork by a dayï Oh well, I'm hoping for answers.

to all!!

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

11 years ago

Toronto-hun you are still in my thoughts and prayers. try to take it easy. We lost our first lil boy at 21 wks, I know our dr. did tell us to wait 3 cycles before trying again, my hcg tends to drop fast. It was back to normal at my 6 wk check up. hubby and I decided to put it in God's hands, didn't try but didn't prevent, we are almost pretty sure that I conceived our 16 that night :) my other m/c I want to say my hcg was back to normal within a mth. but like the other ladies said everybody is different. Honestly I really don't know how I am managing to pull a BFP 3 times now out of 4 cycles. I know last 2 cycles I used soy iso's, which seemed to help alot but then I heard that soy can also cause CP or early miscarriage, so this cycle just letting my body do what it's own thing, only taking baby aspirin, prenatal vitamins, and progesterone cream. So at this point, just trying to relax in my air conditioning so I don't roast in this heat here. well atleast with the heat it's helping cover up the obvious hot flashes. I haven't told hubby yet, I'm just to scared to tell him then something happen like last mth, because this was it, If I have another m/c he wants to call it quits and I'm just not ready to yet, not until I know God decides I'm done.

Thank y'all very much for taking a look and confirming I am not going nuts or having line eyes :) All are in my thoughts and prayers

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo