Community post

Discussion

Anyone late 30's and up trying to conceive again? :) Pt.2

View Full Post

Part 2 of the original "Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)" thread started in Feb.

Here's part one of the thread:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=8372

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 327 Replies | Last Page

toronto hun, ive got a ticker, i just didnt want to sign with it, commenting on your post and showing im in the 2 week wait hun. Thinking of you although my ticker slightly out (by one day) cant remember how to change it lol xxxx

User Image User Image

11 years ago

mama belle, they look at total count, count per ml, motility and morphology. They like to see over 20 million per ml, or over 40 million total count. At least 25% rapid progression for motility (forward movement) with at least 50% forward movement and 50% vitality (live sperm). Morphology (normally shaped sperm) of 15% is usually what they like to see, but anything above 6% is considered okay.

There are some RE's who discount morphology, saying that it is not that big of a factor, but my own personal experience says that it is or else we should have conceived on our own again. When we naturally conceived our DD, my DH had at least 6% and it still took us over two years. It's been more than 5.5 years this time around, and his morphology has been only 1% most of that time.

The RE's who say that morphology is an issue say that most abnormally shaped sperm are not able to properly penetrate the shell of the egg and are therefore not able to fertilize the egg.

When I spoke with a tech to get his morph, and expressed concern over the 0%, she said that it is not impossible for abnormally shaped sperm to fertilize an egg, though they usually recommend IVF with ICSI (putting the sperm directly into the egg).

I have read success stories of couples with 0% morphology, some who have even conceived naturally, so it isn't impossible but it sure seems like it is unlikely.

I'm already resigned to this one not working, and I'm okay with it. If it does, I will be beyond shocked. If it doesn't, I'm fairly sure that we will move on to one final shot with IVF and then our TTC journey will be done.

Sending luck and hugs to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

Mama-belle, lisserb and angel... Thanks for the input on the HCG after m/c. I will see how my body is going to handle this... I guess I'll start POASing at some point to see it going down.

Angel, OMG, I am so terribly sorry to hear about you m/c at 21 weeks. How devastating!

I think you're better off not telling hubby or anyone about the BFP this time around until you're a few days further along... I really do hope that this is a sticky one this time.

loopylyn... I meant it jokingliy to get a ticker... I just lose track where everyone is in their journey and the tickers keep me in the loop (no pun intended ;) )

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hi ladies, hows everyone doing?

I am 4 days late today. Took a test this morning which was BFN but if i remember right it took 2 weeks before i got a BFP with my DD. saying that now i have mentioned it AF will prob show up today :-(

11 years ago

Update on my friend Kate, she & her hubby, Joe have finally gotten some ins. stuff ironed out & she is going today to start all of the testing to see what she's working w/ & whether they'll need "outside help". Just lift them up real quick if you're the praying kind. She's REALLY nervous!!!

Thanks so much!!!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

11 years ago

Good Luck Karen! Keep us posted.

11 years ago • Post starter

Thanx lisser - still no sign of AF so keeping everything crossed im never this late

11 years ago

Toronto-yes it was extremely devastating, but honestly I find it just as devastating with any miscarriage. I was extremely angry over the loss when people that were abusing their baby's getting caught around here, but ours was taken from us. I am of a mind set God has a plan and a reason for everything, I wasn't to figure out the reason until a few mths later my mama passed from breast cancer, I had already had my 2 boys, and they were her whole world. So now she has one of her grandbabies in heaven with her. That was when I found peace. Also we have a memorial for him that we can go visit as well, which helps alot too. But yeah nobody knows this time around, keeping it all to myself (as hard as it is to not get excited, but also my problem is my tummy is already popping out) so trying to wear things to hide it. I'm too afraid that if i say something, and it's not meant to be, that this will be it. hubby won't want to keep trying.

Airiesing-I really hope things work out for your friend. She is still on my prayer chain, and will continue to pray for her :)

Kraken-I have everything that can possibly be crossed, crossed for you. sending up prayers for you that you get that BFP

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Thanx Angel - 5 days no AF so trying not to build my hopes up but its easier said than done. Hows you doing hun?

11 years ago

5 days late today and its 5.30pm and ive just started brown spotting i hope its nothing but highly doubt it prob be AF on its way :-(

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo