Community post

Discussion

Anyone late 30's and up trying to conceive again? :) Pt.2

View Full Post

Part 2 of the original "Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)" thread started in Feb.

Here's part one of the thread:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=8372

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this thread but not replying for awhile now. My pregnancy made it to 5 weeks 3 days but it wasn't meant to be. I'm mc. I'm trying to stay positive and focus on how fortunate I am but I lose it occasionally. I know many of you have been here before - it's comforting to share this with others that understand the pain and challenges we face.

I'm sure my cycle will be off for at least a month but at some point we'll be back to ttc. Rooting for each of you!!

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

11 years ago

Ladies of Fine Wine Vintage,

Sorry to drop off the face of the earth after AF showed up. I haven't even had a chance to review the messages and we are on page 3 now.

I am doing well, busy, but still mourning last cycle a little bit. Work has sent me all over the US since last I wrote also, whch has cut into my time even for email.

I will send some personals once I am caught up over the weekend. I hope and trust we have had many sticky beans, BFPs and happy/healthy pregnancies. I miss you all.

MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

11 years ago

dear MM and mama_belle, so sorry to hear sad news :(
yes,mamabelle, many of us have been there...and we do understand all the pain...

afm: temps dropped this morning and I am waiting af to show tomorrow but more likely she/the witch would make her appearance on mother's day
after I took temps today early and realized that this another unsuccessful cycle I fall asleep again and saw a dream...Two of my beloved women who are no longer with us here in this world :( came to me in my dream and my mom was telling my grandma how hard all this ttc is on me and asking if I should stop, she asked "How long she would do it to herself and suffer trying to pursue that baby dream?" and my grandma said to her in my dream "As Long As It Takes, as long as it takes..."
and I waked up at that moment still hearing those words in my head-as long as it takes
so, I think finally after mc I got some inner peace and I am able to face any adversity on a rocky ttc road
I d beleieve our baby is coming to us but it takes some time
and I will be patient as long as it takes

11 years ago

Hello ladies wanted to send a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to everyone. We are all on the same journey and one day we will all get our BFP's. Sorry to those that have had losses. Asf still waiting to ovulate and thinking about trying the pinapple core this cycle hopefully it works out if not have a doctors appointment next month with a new RE.

User Image ME: 36 and DS DH: 34 and DS TTC Our first together

11 years ago

Thank y'all for the thoughts and hugs, they are greatly appreciated. Mothers day tends to be a rough day for me, due to my mama passing several yrs ago. So I just kind of try to brush it off, as just another day. But last year our little guy made it into this world just in time to be my most precious gift of all. Was kind of thinking heck a BFP sure would be another nice gift, buy that's just the way it goes.

To MM & mama_belle, I am soooo sorry for your losses, it is very hard. what i tell my kids, and it helps me a bit as well, is that God gave us one of his little angels to carry and love for just a little while, and then he needed them back. so our little angels are in heaven now helping God.

I did just get a CB monitor to try, bbt, charting but just going to go with the flow and see what happens. I have figured out that i most certainly can't let hubby know the dates of my fertility until after or he just puts to much pressure on himself and forget it. 3 CP is enough for me, I would rather just wait for AF (which was my intention this past mth) before testing, but I broke down and tested early. So I have given hubby all my tests to hold onto until I am officially late and temps indicate the possibility before testing, so I don't get my hopes up again.

Happy Mothers Day to all!!! And God Bless Y'all!!! May he let this be our month <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

so sorry to hear about the sad news mama_belle, MountainMama and angel...

Sorry for "disappearing" - it wasn't even intended... I just forgot to turn on the "Notify Me" button and then I got so absorbed into an IVF forum that I just didn't get to checking in with you all.

There was not so much report anyway. I had 5 follicles at retrieval, four eggs were retrieved and three fertilised. I had hoped for more follicles, but I was happy about a transfer of the three embies, one of them supposedly top grade. In my other two cycles, I had only one embie left for transfer.

Today I am 6dp3dt that is 9dpo. I am absolutely terrified to POAS and decided that I will wait until Thursday to get a more reliable results. I can't say anything about symptoms. My boobs are very sore, but this is from the meds. I haven't had any implantation spotting but was told that it's rather the minority of women who experience that.

For the first time I don't have hope like I did in all past 12 TTC cycles. I am just terrified to see another BFN.

to all the preggo ladies who keep checking in.

Hugs,
Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hey ladies, just checkin' in. I was completely wiped out yesterday & did as little as possible! DD's 3rd birthday party was on Saturday, that combined with my currently 24-hour a day nausea......I left the couch/bed as little as possible yesterday. Thankfully, the hubby was pretty good about minding things while I was out of it.

Today marks 10weeks and just passed the point where we found out about the missed mc last time, so I'm feeling a sense of relief this week. We've started telling a few close friends but are opting to wait until our 12 week scan to tell the family. We had said we would wait to tell everyone but reality is that "something" could happen at anytime & I've been so sick lately that the people we see on a regular basis were starting to ask questions!!

Got to see the heart beat again on Friday! I thought I wouldn't get to because the MW said it was too early to hear via the doppler but at the last minute she said let's try the ultrasound machine. OK! She was not the most mechanically inclined & had to call the doctor in...MAN! He pressed down so hard I think he shifted a few innards!! (1st external) I still felt it the next day! but we saw it & he said everything looks "perfectly normal"! and since my birthday was Thurs, that was a pretty good gift!!

anyway, I'm rambling...

To those ladies who have recently lost, a couple of whom I've spoken with. You know you are always in my prayers & a kindred sister.

To those still waiting, there's life in us old girls yet!!! (speaking from my now 42yr old self) thinkin' lot's of (baby) dusty thoughts for ya!!!

Later ladies!
Erika

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

MM: I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you get back to your home base soon for some much deserved r & r.

Toronto: Wow, it sounds like you have had a lot going on. I'll be praying for you and thinking of you on Thursday, good luck!

Angel: I'd rather wait for AF too but sometimes the curiousity gets the best of us. I have zero tests in the house, and don't plan on buying any unless AF is late. Good luck!

Air: Great hearing from you on both sites.I'm glad the party went well and your hubby took care of things so you could rest. 10 weeks down. Keep in touch, I enjoy the updates.

AFM: I took today off. I had to go in for blood work and an ultrasound - was there for three hours (mostly waiting).The us showed nothing out of the ordinary, and I got the feeling they were questioning whether a hpt showed a BFP. I told the doctor and the mid-wife that I took three tests and each time I got a BFP. My hcg level was 165 on Friday. I hear that that is low. I am not sure what it was today but because the us technician and the doctor couldn't see anything with the us, they encouraged me to get the blood work done since I was contemplating leaving without it. I should know the results tomorrow.

-Lee

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

11 years ago

Hi Ladies!!! :)

Airiesing...Yipppee!! :) I love to hear the 10 week mark for you!

Toronto...Wow! Three? I am so excited for you! Come on baby!!

Mamabelle...fingers crossed and will keep you in my heart!

Wantababy...Pineapple...Stick baby! :) Keep us informed.

Esperanza...I so dislike the old witch...next month is your month! :)

Angel..love the idea of hiding the tests...with your bbt, you won't even need them! If your temp stays up, you know! :)

All is well here, CD9..o this week, so I plan to love madly...I'd like to have a pregnant belly this month! :) Had a birthday along side mother's day on Sunday...all the sweeter - so all I asked for was a fertilzed egg! ;) LOL...

Baby dust, good vibes and lots of strength to you all!

T

11 years ago

Hi everyone,

Happy belated birthday, hopeful! Yay for May birthdays!

My doctor called to see how I was doing. I missed the call, I fell asleep on my two year old's floor (little guy can't fall asleep on his own ). I guess my hcg level confirmed a miscarriage. I'll be waiting to get back on track, I know that it took a month and a half back in November - so who knows what to expect. I'll be on the sidelines rooting for each of you though ...

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo