Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Sorry to hear that Montanella. My temps sometimes do not drop until the day after AF arrives.

User Image

11 years ago

Montanella... sorry to hear that. :( Such a bummer. What did your doctor say?

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hi Ladies... Been off this site for a while. Now I'm back. Today is CD87 for me. I suspect I just O'ed two days ago since I had +OPK and bbt dip on CD85. Yesterday and today, my bbt temps spiked back up from 96.7 to 97.7 so hopefully this is my month at last.

11 years ago

Hi sorry I have been missing for a few days being Easter and struggling with af. Af was really painful this month, pain that I have never experienced before. So on my visit to the Dr my progesterone level was 130 nmol/L. What does that mean? My last test with my re was 4. Seems crazy or wrong.
Goodluck golden sunset.

11 years ago

I believe it just means you ovulated. Perhaps it could indicate that you ovulated more than one follicle, or just a nice strong ovulation. But that level of progesterone probably accounts for your lack of spotting.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Montanella, a level this high is interesting if this is AF your have just gone through. It should not be that high, I think. I believe when you are pregnant, docs like to see it above 40. Did your doc comment at all?

GoldenSunset... 87 days til O? OMG, kudos to you for waiting it out patiently. Hopefully you caught the egg!! Fingers crossed!

Essemkay... how are things?

EOE... Hope you all had a nice Easter weekend!

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

checking in on everyone...sorry been gone so long....lots of new people! praying for all.......
Im 24 weeks today....sugar test and 3d sonogram in may....had a tooth pulled today...not fun......my daughter is struggling to stay alive as we wait and pray for cord blood from her brother to be a miracle for her....we also are fostering a precious 6 month old little guy who we are praying to adopt...

User Image

11 years ago

Wow, Swimmom - that's a lot on your plate! I hope everything goes well and in a few short months you're holding 3 healthy children close, your big girl and your 2 new bundles.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Swimmom, wow, I'm so glad to hear that all is going well with your pregnancy!!! I hope the adoption goes through, although you will have a tough couple of years ahead of you with two lil'ones. It would be so amazing if your daughter can pull through til the birth of her brother and hopefully his cord blood will help her!!!

All the best!
Xxxxxxx

11 years ago

Just checking in. Not much going on with me. I'm 5dpo - but not terribly hopeful, our timing wasn't all I'd wanted it to be.

If no BFP is forthcoming, I start birth control pills when AF arrives and get started on our next and last IVF.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo