Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

311 - 320 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Congrats on the arrival of your princess, numbers! Honey-Rose is such a pretty name! Post a picture if you get a chance!!

I am sure I don't have much longer, I have a feeling she may not wait til June 5. :)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

number3pls, CONGRATS!!!!

Looks like torontochick and swimmom aren't far behind you! YAY for babies!!!!!

I'm just twiddling my thumbs and going quietly (okay, not THAT quietly) insane waiting for beta on June 4. I may test on Saturday, but I'm so terrified. I don't know how I'll handle a BFN. I just don't think I'll be able to take it and the end of this road. Everybody keeps telling me, but you already have a child. And I do, I know - and I'm so thankful for her. But it will break my heart if our quest to complete our family ends in failure. It wasn't this hard with January's BFN, because I had this cycle still to go. But there is no more after this. This is it. So very scared.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Essemkay, I am hoping for you!!! Its good to see bfps!!! Sending you good thoughts and baby dust!

Torontochick!!! Hope all is going well!!!

Swimmom.... snowcones are good,,,and your almost there!

Had surgery last week removed a polyp not a fibroid...not sure if it makes a big difference.. I started my period 2 days ago and it seems more normal than before.. to be graphic period was extremely heavy... have already started to count down to O time and hoping this is the month!!! With polyp gone am hoping that the eggy can attach!!!!!

Hoping everyone else is good and waiting to see more bfps!!!!

10 years ago

Jaxx6207, hope that pesky polyp with your only obstacle and you get your BFP really soon!!

AFM, OMG. I'm pregnant! I started bleeding and cramping last night - bleeding much worse this morning so I took a test. BFP! I went to the RE and begged for a blood test. Beta is 90.7. Kind of low, but not too low. The question now is, is it on the way up or down? They put me on pelvic rest and I go back Monday for another test.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Congratulations essemkay! Sending baby cement your way!

User Image

10 years ago

CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY'S ARRIVAL NUMBERS!!!!! <3

Toronto AND Swimmom not much longer, so happy for y'all <3

Swimmom- how is your daughter doing? i have also had her in my prayers...hope she is doing well <3

Essemkay~~omg YAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! CONGRATS ON THAT BFP!!! PRAYERS GOING UP FOR YOU <3 I know i always hated when people would tell me that i already had children like that, irregardless it doesn't change how you feel

AFM--just hanging out and we have decided that it's in God's hands after going through a bout of depression and it affecting me with my family in a not so good way....i realized that obsessing (even when i decided i wasn't going to) just wasn't getting me anywhere and how i was so absorbed in trying to get pregnant that it was taking away from me enjoying our blessings that we do have....atm i know not preggers as was just in the ER last week for a kidney infection, but actually took the blood BFN rather well...We have decided to just stop the charting and all, not preventing but not going out of our way obsessing trying...if it happens it does, if not i know that i will be ok..it is God's plan....and i am so happy that i was brought here to meet such wonderful women and be a part of y'alls journey....I know i haven't been on here much but plz know that y'all are always in my thoughts and prayers <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

10 years ago

Essemkay!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! That is wonderful news!!!!! ((((((hug)))))) Your happiness is contagious... hope bfp's are too!!!!

Angel, I have't been trying so long, and have kids but want another. New man...new life... I want to create a new baby that's ours. The first month was so stressful that it effected everyone. Now, I am trying to be hopeful but careful... you are so right not to appreciate the blessings we have. Just had surgery to remove a polyp and hope/pray that this will turn the stick to positive!!

Am happy to watch the boards and see updates as the due dates get closer.... best to luck to everyone

10 years ago

Omg, essemkay! Great news so far!!!! Hope the bleeding stops and beta will go up!!!!!!!!!! Praying for you!

Angel, so good to hear from you! Sorry to hear about the depression, but I hope things will get better, baby or not. Enjoy your lovely kids and hubby and you never know, there may still be one more baby in the cards for you...

I am having contractions, so far bearable, since about 5am this morning. Not sure if this is the real deal yet? Will ask my parents to drive up to get DS, just in case...

EOE... Fingers crossed for BFPs!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

Ooh, totontochick!!! So exciting!! Hope you get to meet your little girl today, quickly and painlessly!!!

10 years ago

Toronto--YAAAAYYYY hope you have your lil girl in your arms or soon will be <3 thank you but guess just had to go there to realize how i had gotten with trying to get the BFP, i am now enjoying just being with the kids and hubby rather than obsessing...the way i see it, it is all in God's hands and if it happens then AWESOME, if not i have come to terms and am ok with that as well

Jaxx-- i can certainly understand that and hopefully the surgery will do the trick for you...you are in my thoughts and prayers that lil stick turns into a BFP for you <3

Essemkay---been praying for you...how r u doing hun? so excited for you <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo