Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies, I've been away for a few weeks getting some sun with the family before the new arrival comes in May. So wonderful to see so many BFP's and positivity from you all and welcome to the new posters. This site is truly inspirational so good luck to you all

Afm.. I'm over halfway and have my anomoly scan tomorrow which is really worrying me. I feel her moving on a daily basis and just hope she is as perfect as she should be. Please keep your fingers crossed x

User Image

11 years ago

Good luck tomorrow, number3pls! I'm sure everything will be fabulous!

AFM, I start my injections tomorrow. I'll be doing 3 a day for the first 3-5 days and then 4 a day after that. YIKES!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hi ladies.... hope everyone is doing well! I am still taking in the fact that I am pregnant! But I made my first apt. for Feb. 12th. I have been super tired, achy, and super hungry so far. It hasn't helped that my poor daughter has had croup and we ended up in the ER two nights ago. I haven't gotten a whole lot of sleep either from that. I am 4 weeks and 2 days so far.

As far as what I did..... I upped my soy dosage. I was on 100mg of clomid - so I did 4 tabs of the soy the first 2 days (on day 4 and 5) then 5 tabs days 6,7,and 8. I also used mucinex (guiafenesin) the days we bd'd. We bd'd the night I got a positive opk and the following two days after.

In the past I have used Royal Jelly also and I was going to use that next- it helps mature eggs and help their quality which is important at our ages. You can buy it at GNC ect.

Good luck to those of you onto your next cycle now! Hoping to see more bfps soon!

11 years ago • Post starter

Essemkay-thank u and yes was pretty excited that i managed to drop that much, i believe also has a lot to do with getting my thyroid working right atleast hope so...

Numbers--praying for u that all goes well with your scan (((HUGS)))

AFM--well AF is due sometime this weekend, have been good and no testing..until last night, as i had to be taken to the ER, for a severe migraine, flu, and dehydration...so of course they have to do a urine to make sure, and of course as luck would have it, i ended up in the same room i was in when i found out I was pregnant with our youngest...but it was a BFN, do have to say though do not trust the sensitivity of their tests that they claim, as it is still a tad early, but they claim it will pick it up, which is what they said the last time, it was neg. the first night, then back in the next night for same reasons, argued with them that they were test again and yeps it was a BFP and they did blood to confirm...well same old, same old this time, but since urine was neg they wouldn't do a blood but with the fluids and IV meds they did treat me as if it was a BFP just in case...
Hubby and I have talked and i have my next OB appt, to redo my colposcopy on April 1st (yeah i know of all days) and if my dysplasia has progressed and have to have surgery again, will have an ablation and tubes tied at the same time...so still have some time...so I am thinking just might give those soy iso's a try, it's all in God's hands and if it is meant to be for us it will, if not i have come to terms with that and am ok with that, we have been blessed greatly and will be thankful for everything that we have been blessed with <3

EOE---my thoughts and prayers continue for you on a healthy journey and healthy babies <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Essemkay..thankyou for the good wishes and good luck with the injections. I hope they are not as bad as I fear, I'm not a needle fan!!

Angel...fx for you this month. You so deserve that BFP sfter everything you've been through and I'm sure it will come

Cj...its hard to believe sometimes isn't it. I think in the first 12 weeks I must have peed on 30 odd sticks!!!! So happy for you...enjoy x

AFM...20 week anomoly scan showed no obvious abnormalities...phew!!! I am thrilled she seems to be ok. The consultant wants to see me on Friday but they won't tell me why so I'm hoping its just because I'm 'over 40'. So for now anyway, I can relax and enjoy her wriggling around in there x

User Image

11 years ago

angel... Wohoo for shedding so much weight! I hope you will get a BFP before April Fool's! Fingers crossed for your check up!!

numbers... Congrats on a great anatomy scan. I am having mine next Tuesday. I could have copied all you wrote about her wiggling all day and she should be fine :)

essemkay... Yay to starting stims... 3-4 injections per day? What's the protocol? I only did two a day... Saw your post over at the other board... Don't worry about AFC too much. Although I never really had more eggs than my AFC, in the end it was the quality in my last cycle (7 out of 6 mature and all 6 fertilized), which I believe did the trick. So its always quality over quantity. Are you on any supps? I strongly believe that my supplement regimen was key to improving my egg quality cycle by cycle. Although there may not be clear scientific prove that supps will indeed improve egg quality, I do believe in the theory that the environment in which they mature is of great importance.

Swimmom... Congrats on making it to 12 weeks! Will you do the NT scan?

Montanella... I am a big fan of vitex. Definitely recommend it. If you want to do both vitex and soy isos, don't start the vitex until after you have finished the soy isos. If you go on Google and look for "Soy isoflavones as clomid" you should find a lot of information and threads on the topic. They say that typically, you double the common clomid dosage, many women stagger the doses of the soy iso.

Hope I didn't forget anyone!

xoxo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

torontochick, It's antagonist. I'm doing 225 Follistim in the am, and 75 Follistim plus 150 Menopur in the evenings. Probably start ganirelix on Saturday and add that to the morning shots. Today is my third day of stims, I go tomorrow for the first look to see what's happening. But I don't think much is happening yet. I felt some twitching after the first shot, but nothing since and I'm certainly not the least bit sore yet.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay--Good Luck, and praying this is it for you, go get that BFP girl :)

Afm--well AF reared her head almost a week early, finished today, and figured what the heck, can't hurt so taking the plunge with the soy iso's and see what happens...but obviously need to temp and opk's again, but going to try to keep it relaxed as much as I can, haven't even told the hubby, so as not to have him a worrying about anything.....

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel - im taking the plunge with soy as well. Just need to know which one to get and what dosage to take and when for how long?

Im 6 DPO but doubt ill have a BFP :-( just not feeling it

11 years ago

Kraken=i got mine in a 3 pack of bottles on Amazon...i believe the brand is Natrol? and from my readings cd 3-7 seem to be the happy medium, so doing that and taking 200 mg, but there is lots of info on diff doses and such if u google it...

my question is since i am not real familiar with soy iso's, can they cause a false + on an opk dipstrip, only cd 4 and the thing isn't positive but darn close...

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo