Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

321 - 330 of 479 Replies | Last Page

I'm good but so nervous for tomorrow. I'm crossing everything that the number is going up, and going up appropriately. The bleeding has stopped and my FRER looked a bit darker this morning, so I'm hopeful. Of course, there's so many hurdles still to come even if I make it past the immediate one.

Fertility-wise, my eggs are just so old. Even though I don't feel any different than I did 10 or 20 years ago, the reality is I turn 45 in 2 weeks. Hoping there was still a good one in there!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

praying for you essemkay!!!!! stick baby stick!!!

User Image

10 years ago

Yesterday's test numbers more than doubled. I go back for another blood test tomorrow. Still cautious, but starting to get optimistic!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Essemkay---YAYYYYYY!!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU <3 PRAYING THAT THIS IS IT FOR YOU <3

Swimom-how are you doing? and your daughter? you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers <3

Has anyone heard from Toronto yet? hoping she is relaxing with her lil girl in her arms <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

10 years ago

Essemkay, I am thrilled about your news!!! Sticky vibes from me!!

I am still at the hospital. My princess Fiona Isabel arrived on Monday at 12:36 pm. My contractions had started on Sunday morning, we went to the hospital about 14 hours later. It took another 14 hours for her to arrive. I made it through without c/s but they had to do an epitisiotomy (?). Pushing was almost unbearable with the doctor lying on top of me with her upper body in order to push her out. In any case, I am bruised but happy. Fiona was a big girl at 4,040 grams and 54 cm (you have to do the conversion for me :) ) and has a full head of dark hair :) I am not sure how to add a picture... Will try.

talk soon!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

Welcome to Fiona Isabel!!! 8 pounds, 14 ounces and 21.2 inches - great size! I'm sure you ARE bruised!! CONGRATS!!!!!!

10 years ago

Toronto...lovely news, many congratulations to you and your family.
Essemkay...looking good for you...have everything crossed for a sticky one.
Swimmom...thinking of u too...not long now :)
Angel...always hoping for good news for you, keep the faith :)

Eoe...good luck and don't give up

Afm....my Honey-Rose is 12 days old and I can't remember life without her. I've healed quickly after my c-section and loving being a mum again after a 13 year gap.

Thinking of you all xx

User Image

10 years ago

Yay babies!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm trying not to go insane. My first ultrasound is June 14, which is the day after I turn 45. So worried there are chromosomal issues, but hopefully, we'll see a nice little sac and possibly a beating heart!

10 years ago

essemkay, I could not be more thrilled for you!! June 14 will be here before you know it!

Here is the picture I was trying to post. I couldn't figure it out from my iphone, but this should work now:

http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/my-pregnancy/my-baby.php?u=10105

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

torontochick, she's beautiful! And so much hair!!! So very thrilled for you and your family :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo