Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 479 Replies | Last Page

My heart just sunk reading the last few posts. When every month counts at our age it makes it all the more devastating. I have heard some really positive stories in the last couple of weeks from people I know that I just have to believe that our turn is next.

Afm my re said to take 50mg of Clomid days 5 time 9. My Dr gave me 100mg of Clomid for days 2 to 6. Then my Dr phones me to go with what re said. I have been tossing and turning to do as instructed or go rouge. I think I will play safe. Af due in the next couple of days. Only bfn on tests atm.

11 years ago

Oh Angel, I am so sorry to hear this :( My prayers are with you!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Angel...my thoughts are with you, so so sorry x

User Image

11 years ago

angel197088, I hope you get miraculous news at your doctor's appointment today. Please let us know how you're doing.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hi everyone. Hope you are all hanging in there and feeling positive.
Af started for me today. I will take 50mg of Clomid for 5 days from day 4. I willuse opk and ttemp and continue to take my vitamins.

I think the vitex that I was taking screwed my cycle so I have stopped them. I was taking magnesium as well but I won't take that this month either.

11 years ago

I am new here and would like the support of others ttc after 40. We have been ttc for about a year with very early mc this July but back at it! Nice to see I am not alone in this endeavor.

11 years ago

Welcome, roths5! So sorry for your loss.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Looks like we're probably pushing our IVF back another month to accommodate a family trip. Doctor assures me it's fine to wait, but of course any delay is so frustrating.

11 years ago

Essemkay, I think your doc's right. Sometimes a little break can be even good. I took 4 months off after the first two failed cycles and then another two months after the missed MC and D&C. Although time was of essence, it worked in the end. In my breaks I took my supps and did acupuncture a few weeks before cycling.

angel... Any news?

Montanella... good luck with the Clomid cycle. Good you stopped the vitex, it messes with the clomid. However, taken during natural cycles it can sometimes take up to three cycles for it to take its full effect and the first cycle or two can be off. I was like clock work on vitex.

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Thanks Toronto. I'm really excited to be taking the Clomid. Fx d.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo