Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

331 - 340 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Congrats Torontochick! It seemed like such a short time ago, you were TTCing and now she is already here! And she is gorgeous. It gives us hope. Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

User Image

10 years ago

What a beautiful baby Fiona!!!! So happy for you Toronto!!!

Essemkay....hold on girl...keep praying...everything will be ok

Afm....24 hours at the hospital with contractions and horrible itching!!!! Couldn't sleep and the interactions were getting stronger......I'm 35 weeks.....hydrated me and watched the contractions....gave steroid for the itching and ordered bed rest.....dr said looks like a June baby instead of July.....Lord help me.....can't sleep....cant get comfortable.....I'm delirious....

User Image

10 years ago

Best wishes, Swimmom!!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Swimmom, all the best!!! I am sure you are in good hands at the hospital. Is your hubby taking care of your foster baby? Wow, honestly quite the challenge this will be for you with a baby and a newborn. You are one strong woman!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

Happy Wednesday everyone....today was my last day of work! I spent 2 days in hospital only to go home to wait another week....I am feeling better but being put on bed rest is not for me.....trying so hard to relax....George our foster son is more and more mobile by the day! He is so precious...the bigger kids are helping quite a bit!!

Essemkay-cant wait for ultrasound results!!!!!!! Hurry

User Image

10 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS Toronto and Numbers on your baby girls!!!! so happy for you <3 :)

Essemkay i feel you, felt the same way with our youngest, even had a bit of a scare, but God brought us through it all and he just turned 2 in May.... (((HUGS)))) and prayers for you <3

Swimmom- hang in there not much longer, my thoughts and prayers are with you.... (((HUGS)))

Numbers---thank you hun, i am definitely keeping the faith and trust that God has a plan for us, hard sometimes when we aren't sure what that plan is, but my trust is in Him and enjoying what he has blessed us with, rather than driving myself nuts obsessing over every little thing, much more relaxed and happier... <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

10 years ago

We have a heartbeat!! YAY!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Brilliant essemkay, so happy for you. Take care x

User Image

10 years ago

Angel... So nice to see you checking in! Wishing you and your beautiful family all the best!

Essemkay... Amazing news! You are one of those exceptional women who can get pregnant at 44. Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

My friends sister in law has been told for over 20yrs that she will never be able to have children. She has just found out shes preganant. Shes 44 as well so there is hope there

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo