Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Welcome roth!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

sorry just been kind of bumming around, had some more family issues, getting ready to take our son to college tomorrow....
as for the appt...he said he went over my previous bloodwork and sees no explainable reason as to why we are having trouble maintaining a pregnancy when i do get pregnant..so he ran some more bloodwork to check my hormone and thyroid levels and waiting on those results from that...and got the lecture on trying to get my weight down as that can be a factor as well even though i managed to lose a total of 20 lbs, but just put 6 back on, as my "advanced maternal age" grrrrr.... i go back in April 5th to have another biopsy to see if the dysplasia has cleared or advanced, so will see if i need to have surgery then...if not pregnant...hubby went and bought me a treadmill last week, so been working out, since it's hard to go to the gym with our almost 2 yr old and i don't trust their babysitting service...so just focusing on trying to get back to a healthy weight and am still temping and opk's...but we have put it in God's hands if it is in his plans for us will happen, if not we are still thankful for all that we have been blessed with....

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Just checking in. Not much going on with me, I'm 2dpo. *drums fingers*

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay... 2dpo... good news. Here is to new hope! Did you do the soy?

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

I did do the soy. I also took maca, coq10 and l-argenine (sp?). Ovulation was a day later than normal, but I don't know if that's due to any of what I took or just from coming off of a medicated cycle. :)

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

This thread has turned awfully quiet... How is everyone doing?

11 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm 1 dpo on my first Clomid cycle. Just before o I felt really bloated. Today I noticed a tiny bruise where my right ovary is. I hope that is a good sign. Can't wait to see if the Clomid worked.

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I am 39 and TTC. On my first cycle of clomid and presently on day 5. Two more days of clomid. No side effects so far. Not sure how I feel. Excited that I am on Clomid but as I have been TTC for almost 3 years now I sort of just know to expect AF to come along as it usually does. Hopefully not this month. Will try to be more positive when ovulation occurs.

11 years ago

Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was a doing....<3

I am currently 12 dpo, with some faint lines, but just too worried to get my hopes up again, again seems no probs again catching the eggie, it's just a matter of getting the lil bean to stick...*sigh* AF due on Monday so will see what happpens, no signs of it, other than a Migraine that started yesterday, but i also get them when pregnant as well, that's how we found out about our youngest was one so bad had to be taken into the ER and they tested and that's how we found out about our lil man...so FX

Thoughts and prayers to all <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel...sounds positive :) fx for you AGAIN x
Toronto....how are you doing?
EOE...its been very quiet..hope you are all just 'busy'

Afm...I'm 29 weeks and massive!! Hoping the next 8-10 weeks fly by xx

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo