Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Just got the call, all 4 embryos still look perfect. We're going to transfer all 4 tomorrow afternoon. Yikes!! Wish me luck!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

So this is going to be a 3-day transfer? I guess you don't want to risk going for blasts and a potential frostie? Good luck, essemkay!!! This is it, girl - tomorrow you are PUPO!!! FX FX FX

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Yes, 3 day transfer. He said that since he'd recommend transferring all 4 (assuming they made it) on day 5 as well, there is no benefit to waiting until then. He said while a day 5 transfer has benefits in the embryo selection process, even though on day 3 an embryo would normally be in the tubes and not the uterus, the uterus is still a superior environment to the culture medium.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

All that matters is that one of them sticks!!! :)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Too true!! :D

11 years ago

Hows everyone?

AFM - i am CD 10 - took soy 3-7 and i am getting really strong 'O' pains in my left side. Was expecting to 'O' later but seems to be making it earlier????

I tested last night but neg so will test again tonight . BD last night just incase lol

11 years ago

Kraken, maybe you're just feeling the gearing up to ovulations pains - perhaps the soy made you grow more than one follicle? Good luck!!

11 years ago

Ohhhh you think that might be it? I normally feel it but this early and stronger im getting excited

11 years ago

Could be - isn't it supposed to do what clomid does? I always made 4 follicles on clomid.

11 years ago

ok girls i am seriously feeling like i am just in a dream, I GOT MY BFP!!!!! been wigged out all mth already because my opks have been near to almost positive and sometimes slightly lighter...thought maybe it was the soy affecting the tests....as there is no indication of ovulation with my temps...so again this morning and almost +opk

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test93963

then just for the heck of it did a cheapie preg test and got this:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test93807

No i didn't take the tests together nor did they touch each other...so i call my dr..they only did the blood test that says yes or no, not a beta yet...and I'M PREGNANT!!!! which means i got pregnant again i'm guessing the day after i finished my AF like we did with our youngest....

still a bit on the nervous side as my temps are rather low so started my progesterone now that i just got the call from the dr confirming the test.....someone pinch me and tell me i am not dreaming!!!!

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo