Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 479 Replies | Last Page

CP... My temp typically dropped a day or two before O. Something to do with the surge and estrogen rise or something. Hope you caught the egg.

angel... I think if something did implant this cycle, there should be a clear line by now. I assume the flu may have played a role in the wacky temps. Who knows, maybe that was the reason for the light period, too?

Welcome, Dot!

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas!!

xoxo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Toronto--Thank you, i never even thought of me being sick affecting my temps or my period, so busy with everything for Christmas, was all confused...now i was reading that an opk that touches an hpt can cause a false positive on the hpt, now that opk i used in the pic, is a dry one from earlier in this cycle, do u think even though it was dry, that could of caused a false positive? but as of this morning my bbt dropped back down to 97.3 which is a normal pre "O" temp for me...

still talking with the hubby and he is nervous about continuing to try since he just turned 45 and me 42 because of the risks, but my feeling is it is whatever is in God's plan for us will be irregardless of our age...i am seriously considering just stopping the temping and the opk's (never used them with our others) and just see what happens...rather than having them and me over analyzing my temps and such...

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hi everyone.....ive been keeping you all in my prayers...
Angel- my dr required my temping so i did and it drove me crazy for real......in nov. I decided to take a break from from it and ttc to focus on my terminally ill daughter.....of course that is when i got my bfp! I didnt even do opks or track bding.....due to exhaustion....i see the pros and cons definitely to doing them and not doing them...they did make me much more aware of whatcwas going on in my body but the break for me was needed.

Afm-i had u/s at 8 weeks and hb was 151. I have been really down with bronchitis on top of constant nausea......then like 2 days ago the nausea disappeared.......i know it sounds silly but it was almost a comfort because it meant the pregnancy was progressing. I dont have another appt. Till Jan 9th......ill be almost 12 weeks then...its hard to wait to see my bean again to make sure everything is ok
I am 43 and will be 44 when baby is born. My dr. kept reminding me of the risks....after pos blood test he said you have %30 chance of miscarriage.....i was like ok....why not say you have 70% chance of healthy pregnancy....after seeing the heartbeat he said.....you have 3% chance of miscarriage......well thats 97% chance healthy pregnancy...i forgot what % of having a baby with downs syndrome at my age but i am just saying i know drs havevto give statistics...i just prefer to look at the positives......beside the facts and know that prayer works and God is in control.....

Catching up on how everyone is doing.

User Image

11 years ago

I know they make you feel like you are doomed when you are our age at the OB and pregnancy visits... but keep your positivity up! I am sure it will be ok...... But I do remember being nervous until the next visit and I could see or hear the heartbeat again just to be reassured!

I finally got my positive opk....geesh it took a long time this month! That was last night.... so we are bding.... and we just got back from my sister's house in Kentucky today. Luckily we were staying in the basement in a spare room and we could close the door and "take care of buisness".

Otherwise I will be starting the TWW tomorrow I think!

11 years ago • Post starter

Yeah cj!!! Very exciting!

User Image

11 years ago

Swimmom--so glad to hear all is going well with you and your little one....you and your daughter have been in my thoughts and prayers <3

Cj--yaaay, hope this tww is better for ya, prayers for that BFP :)

Afm--just enjoying things, we have def decided no opk's or temping, as you said swimmom it was driving me nuts...figure have enough stress with the holidays, and today is our daughters bday, so getting ready for her party and bring in the new year with family...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL, MAY THIS NEW YEAR BRING Y'ALL MANY BLESSINGS <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Swimmom--so glad to hear all is going well with you and your little one....you and your daughter have been in my thoughts and prayers <3

Afm--just enjoying things, we have def decided no opk's or temping, as you said swimmom it was driving me nuts...figure have enough stress with the holidays, and today is our daughters bday, so getting ready for her party and bring in the new year with family...

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo