Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 479 Replies | Last Page

got everything crossed for you essemkay, hope your tests come back good...:)

AFM--thank you Toronto and esemkay, i am hanging in still, tests still positive, still some cramping, but no spotting or anything....which is a good thing...just my nerves worrying bout every little thing, ugghhh...hoping to tell the hubby as a surprise for valentines day, but dang trying to hide this bloated bump already is getting hard, and only around 4-5 wks..

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

angel... this is really good news... will you get the chance for a beta or u/s at your doctor's? That would give you some reassurance...

essemkay... Hope you are doing well... hang in there! When are you going to test? FX FX

Kraken... Good luck, girl!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

I tested Sunday (10dp3dt) and BFN. I'm going to test again tomorrow (13dp3dt), but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the same result. Very depressed and despondent. :(

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay... Oh no!!! I am so sorry to hear that. I feel for you, I know how crushed you must be :( Words cannot make it better, I know, but I just wanted to say that I know exactly how you must feel. Sending you a big, big hug.

xoxo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

essemkay--hang in there hun, praying that tomorrow gives a different result... (((HUGS))))

Toronto--yes my dr, is rather good with that, to where when i go in they will do all the prenatal workup, including a beta, and like last time, all i had to do was ask for the u/s for reassurance..and he schedules it for the next week..under high risk so the insurance will pay for it...

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Essemkay - I am so sorry. I am praying tomorrow gives you a different result. ((Hugs))

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Essemkay - any news?

11 years ago

Essemkay - any news?

11 years ago

BFN. Beta is cancelled. I have my WTF appointment with the doctor next Thursday, although I doubt he's going to be able to give me any answers as to why it didn't work or what we can change for our very last shot at this. Sucks so very very much.

Going to spend this next month taking some of the supplements that my RE is completely against (was going to try CoQ10 and Inositol - but I'm open to suggestions!). I figure, at this point with only one try left, I might as well throw the kitchen sink at it.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Just wanted to let you guys know that I will be back on the TTC journey. Had my first u/s today asset 9 weeks and no heartbeat. We are devastated, but our faith will see us through.

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo