Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Really.....wow!!!
You can't miss my bump at 26 weeks!!
I think this baby is going to be massive...thank god I'm having a c-section!
Well at 15dpo you should get a clear answer, especially if you use fmu I really hope you see two lines.....let us know fx

User Image

11 years ago

I will Nikki ill be shouting from the roof tops lol after 12 weeks xx

11 years ago

I def think im out this month. No cramps but been for a pee and dark red drops coming out (sorry TMI)

I just feel so deflated and down :-(

Ok update - went for a pee and stabbing pains hit me hard i was nearly doubled over they are that bad, then dark red blood and clots cane flooding out. Im def out ive never felt pain this bad :-(

11 years ago

Oh Karen, I'm so so sorry. I'm no expert but it sounds like a chemical to me (with all the clots). I would see how the bleed goes and test when its over just to make sure. I understand how devastated you must feel, big hug xx

User Image

11 years ago

Nikki - i was thinking the same thing another chemical. Its my fourth in 6 months.

DH wants me to go back to the docs and ask him for tests. I just feel at a total loss. Whats baby aspirin and does it work?

Xx

11 years ago

Karen, how old are you and where do you live? I'm taking baby aspirin prescribed to thin my blood but I know it's taken for many other reasons. I do think you should see your Dr though as it would seem you have no trouble actually getting pregnant (which is a good start). I saw on the news last night that fertility treatment can now be offered to over 40's. do you have any children already?

User Image

11 years ago

Nikki i was 40 in october my DH is 37. We each have a child from previous relationships mine is 16 and i fell 1st time no problems. DH's us 9 and he took 6 months of trying.

Its weird cos my pad is clean im just passing dark red clots???

I M/C at 20 weeks before I had my daughter and found out id lost a boy. My DH has a boy and hes worried he can only have boys and hes worried i cant carry boys.

11 years ago

Karen, I'm not sure its possible not to be able to carry a certain sex, I think its just awful luck! My story should give you some hope but I would make a GP appt anyway to get you on the road and so they know you are ttc. They may be able to offer you some help and advice. You are only just 40 and dh is younger so you have plenty of time still :) xx

User Image

11 years ago

Thanx Nikki. Weve both had a good cry and lots of hugs. Xx

11 years ago

Hi Nikki,

How you doing? I was just thinking I had a LEEP procedure done a year gone xmas and was wondering if this could be one of the reasons for the multiple CP's??

Just a thought x

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo