Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Montanella, if you have developed nice follicles, your doc could trigger ovulation with an HCG shot and you could do timed intercourse!

Kraken... Hmmm. The fact that you were very dry inside could indicate that you have not entered your fertile period yet. (Maybe the OPK was not quite positive yet?) Contrary to clomid, which has the side effect of drying up fertile CM (most people use Preseed to offset this effect), soy iso should give you plenty of fertile CM... I have also read that women try Robitussin (cough syrup w/o dex) to make their CM more fluid.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Toronto - thanx hun. Im normally really wet so found it a bit strange lol. I am getting pains in my left O and my tummy feels heavy and bloated :-(

11 years ago

Kraken, hi, o-pain can actually happen even before the LH surge... You took soy isos, so possibly, there could be more than one follicle for example. Still, it's good to cover your bases ;) Still, if this cycle doesn't bring the most-desired BFP, you may want to get some Preseed for the next cycle. It will certainly give you the required wetness ;) (and provide a friendly environment for the sperm...!)
FX

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Thanx Toronto.

Im having really strong O pains on my left side today so hopefully this is it. Jumping om DH tonight just incase lol.

11 years ago

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is doing well

Kraken, I hope this is your month. I got friggin so now it is on to IVF. I did find a new RE who is fast tracking everything since I had most of my testing already done with the last RE. I am hoping to start lupron in the next week. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be it.

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

I'm sorry, karinfrank. Hope your IVF goes quickly and easily and that you get your BFP in no time!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Thanks Essemkay. How are you doing? When do you test?

Angel, how is everything with you? Did the cramping go away? I am sure you will be fine and that was just the little bean settling in for a smooth 9 months

Afm - had to go get my cycle day day 3 testing on day 2 because of the blizzard that hit NY. Day 3 would have been Saturday, so had to go to the lab at 7am Friday at the beginning of the storm. Just hoping the levels aren't screwed up because I went early. Otherwise I would have had to wait another month..and I am too impatient for that.

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Karinfrank, I think you should be fine with day 2 results. Fingers crossed for a great IVF cycle.

Angel, essemkay... thinking of you!

11 years ago

Karinfrank - keeping everything crossed for you.

AFM:- I am CD21 and 4DPO. I 'Od' late on CD17 i usually 'O' on CD 14/15.
I am having weird feelings in my tummy dont know what to make of them and im getting like a tugging sensation ????

11 years ago

Karinfrank - keeping everything crossed for you.

AFM:- I am CD21 and 4DPO. I 'Od' late on CD17 i usually 'O' on CD 14/15.
I am having weird feelings in my tummy dont know what to make of them and im getting like a tugging sensation ????

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo