Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 479 Replies | Last Page

essemkay: I would be excited if I were you! That gives you such hope and a plan.....Just woudn't want to do the shots :( but I had to do them for gestational diabetes while I was pregnant and it wasn't as bad as I though it would be- although I know the IVF shots can be more painful.... I hope it isn't too bad for you! it will be worth it if you get your bfp!

I had a line that came up right away today - but it is still very very faint..... but definately not an evap because it was there while it was wet still and right away.... Keeping my fingers crossed that it gets darker and if it does I will do an FRER maybe Friday or Sat. Still not sure though....

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies.... just wanted to let you know........... I got my BFP today!!!! Can't believe it......... it took us 2 years the first time around with IUI and clomid for 6 months and this time we did it on our own! And I am 37! Amazing! I think the soy really did the trick!

Here is the pichttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=87086

Still in shock! Hoping it sticks and stays healthy now!!

11 years ago • Post starter

Congrats cjpalaska!

I have a little soy bean too!

User Image

11 years ago

CONGRATS, cjpalaska and Holly3307!!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Been away from the board just a few days and a lot is going on here :)

Holly and Cplaska... Congratulations on your BFPs!!!! This is truly an awesome start to the new year, wohoo!

Sorry about your BFNs Kraken and Montanelly... I know how it s$& % every time but there is always hope! for your next cycle!!

Montanella... I am a bit fan of vitex. It actually regulates your cycle and your hormones and also helps if they are already regular. It supports the first phase of the cycle of egg development and ovulation and then supports progesterone production in the second half. It can have an effect already in the first cycle - sometimes it can make you o later or earlier. Typically, since it's herbal (it is not a hormone!), it takes about three months to take its full effect. I had taken it for many years before starting IVF and I was super-regular on it (and sans PMS, because it's supposed to help with that, too).

essemkay... Girl, I am thinking of you this cycle. Prayers going up! I feel like this could be it for you. Your response to the fert drugs has been so good - there's got to be a good egg in there that will stick.

angel... Everything alright with you? Guess you may be staying away from the board to keep things relaxed...

AFM... OB check up was today... the little princess is all well. I have my full second trimester scan on Jan 22. We will take DS since he is so excited about having a little sister soon...

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

OMG CJ & Holly congrats and lots and lots of sticky healthy dust

I have been taking a little break, just waiting to test myself and trying to kill the time. CJ & Holly what did you do different? I know you said soy, how much and when I may need to jump on that bandwagon.

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Yeah cj and holly!!!!!!! So exciting!!!!
Angel: you are on my heart.
Toronto:im so so happy and excited for you and family. We are really praying for little girl...but of corce would be thrilled with another b!

Afm...i am almost 12 weeks....went to the er with abdominal pain and found out i have a hernia!!!! Geez. I also ended up gettibg a new dr....the way his head nurse ratchet was treating me was getting on my nerves.....i see my new dr. On monday! Cant wait to see my baby again....saw her briefly at the er with a crappy out date ultrasound machine and i dont think the lady had ever used one before for real...
Oh well.....supposedly my new dr specializes in "advanced" obstectrics. .im feeling advanced with my 43 years and my hernia...

User Image

11 years ago

Oh wow ladies. So much positive energy on this site. I would also like to know how much soy you took. The health shop mentioned vitex so I will look into that too.

11 years ago

well hello y'all, popped in to say hello and see how everyone was doing to a couple new BFP's, CONGRATS CJ AND HOLLY!!!! *happy dance*

essemkay=i certainly am praying that this does it for you :)

And good to see our preggers are doing well, continue to keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers

Toronto- yeah i was just taking a bit of a break so i didn't obsess over every little thing and then cave, LOL...also was rather busy with Christmas, our daughters bday on new yrs eve, then family dinneer on new yrs day, finally have everything all packed up and put back away :) we have been doing rather well actually, i am much more relaxed with not worrying about temps, lines and timing of BD...last AF was a tad weird, alot lighter and spotty rather than the normal spotting first day, light-med for a couple days, then spotty...not sure if or when I O'd but that's ok, will know if AF rears her ugly head next weekend....and we both started last mth taking the CoQ10, got hubby to take it since he has celiac that has benefits for it as well as swimmer quality...and i have also managed to drop 18 lbs and working to get the rest of this extra weight off :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

angel, holy cow! 18 pounds?? That's AMAZING!! Congrats!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo