Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Numbers - i really hope this is it. I have little cramps every now and then low down but ive had cramps since i was about 5DPO. After nearly 4yrs of trying im about ready to give up :-(

11 years ago

I have EVERYTHING crossed for you Kraken xx

User Image

11 years ago

Thanx numbers my name is Karen btw :-)

11 years ago

Essemkay, fingers crossed with the soy isos!!

Swimmom, wohoo, such great news about the boy. 17 weeks and looking like 7 months - tell me about it!!! Same here. My belly grew very fast, very big. I am 25 weeks and look like I am getting close to d-day... Sigh. I'm worried to become a walrus for the last two months before my due date...

Montanella... Typically, clomid is started at 50mg and only increase to 100mg if the response is poor. It can be started anywhere from day 2 to day 5. I believe 5-9 used to be the norm, but I have also seen 4-8 or 3-7.

Kraken, the spotting could be nothing and you could very well end up with a bfp. FX

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hi everyone!

I haven't had time to read all of your posts, but wanted to say thanks to everyone for the condolences given my loss. We went to the ER on Friday to confirm the diagnosis we received on Saturday and they also said no heart beat, so i took the medication on Saturday to bring on the miscarriage and it it ended by that evening. It was rough.

As though things couldn't get any worse...my grandmother passed away on Sunday morning. She raised me, so she was like a mother to me. It has been a horrendous weekend.

I go to my OB tomorrow for a follow up to see if everything passed. If not, I will have to have a DC....I hope not because I have already had a few of those for various reasons, polyps, MCs, etc. I hope I don't have to do that again.

Fingers crossed for you guys that you get your BFPs soon. I think I will take a few months off and focus on losing the 20 lbs I managed to gain over the last few months and find ways to get over the emotional hurt of the loss.

I'll keep tabs on your guys and cheer from the stands, but I'm out of the game....at least for a this quarter!

User Image

11 years ago

Ok really confused now. No more spotting yesterday, woke up in middle of the night busting for a pee expecting to find AF started and nothing.

Woke up for work had a pee and red blood thought awwww witch has got me :-(

Anyway ive had nothing since then no spotting etc or red blood. Ive got no AFcramps which i get just before AF shows and when it does im totally flooded for 3-4 days. Could I be pregnant or am I just kidding myself and it is AF just messing with my head?

I keep running to have a pee thinking this is it but apart from that bit this morning theres been nothing

11 years ago

Hi Karen. Have u tested yet? I would do that asap so you can hopefully get some answers. Still looking promising I think...fx
Holly...I can't think of anything to say that will make the pain go away for you but I truly am sorry for your losses. Its heartbreaking and my thoughts are with you and your family x

User Image

11 years ago

Numbers - i took a test when i was 9DPO early I know. And now im scared to test incase its a BFN again :-(

Ill prob hold off a couple more days just to make sure its not just AF messing around. Im normally regular apart from when ive had the CP's hoping this isnt another one

11 years ago

Karen (I'm nikki by the way) God....I would test now, rather than driving yourself mad!!! You need to know for piece of mind. Just do a cheepie if you have one. It could be an odd AF or implantation bleeding. At 12 DPO you could well get a +ve....and that would be amazing. If not there would still be hope. I bled for a week the day after my faint +ve at 11dpo. Heavy just like AF....I didn't realise I was still pregnant until I tested again a week later then went to the docs who sent me for a scan at 5 weeks. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I know it seems far fetched but my story shows there is always hope. Test.....and good luck xx

User Image

11 years ago

Nikki - i have one cheapee left and one clearblue digi. If no AF by the morning ill test then as ill be about 13DPO. My work mate didnt know she was preg till she was 36weeks she had regular AF every month and was still on the pill. She had him 2 days after she found out

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo