Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

291 - 300 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies, although I am not posting much anymore, I have kept up with everyone's posts...

Essemkay - my prayers are with you - please come back with a BFP this cycle.

Holly, I think you timing was pretty good. It's most important to BD before O (and on O day of course), but after O it's pretty useless.

Swimmom... since you failed the glucose test and the baby is measuring 1 month ahead, I suspect gestational diabetes. As far as I know, you can manage that pretty well with a specific diet.

Jaxx... I think that the removal of the fibroids should be easy. Just let them know that you are ttc and so they should be careful with your lining.

numbers... Very soon for you! :) FX for your big day!

xoxo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

OMG Torontochick!

I wondered how you are doing. Your due date is right around the corner? How are you doing?

User Image

10 years ago

Hi Holly, everything has been going rather well - just getting a list of things done right now (nursery not finished yet... ) and hoping that the little princess is not too eager to make her way into the world... (hoping for a June birthday).

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I am 39 and very close to hitting the big 40 on the 26th of this month, and DH is 9 years my junior. I have been trying to conceive ever since my last child 3 years ago with no luck. Have had to rounds of Clomid. Saw RE on Monday and she is sending me off for a scan of my fallopian tubes to rule out blockage. Had bloods and AMH tested same day and awaiting results. I get regular 28 day cycles, so just trying to work out what's wrong. DH has to get his swimmers tested. RE prescribed another 2 months Clomid til results are all in. I am sort of hoping my tubes are blocked just so I can say what the problem is but at the same time nervy about having operations or procedures to fix it.

10 years ago

Torontochick that is great! We are so happy for you. It seems like a short time ago you just got your BFP! Keep us posted when you have the baby! I can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm just 3DPO and already I am feeling lower back aches and cramping. I feel really good that I might get another BFP this month!

Welcome kelli1973! I would BD just in case and try to get more OPKs. Testing once a day could be problematic if you have a short surge. GL!

By the way, I'm glad to hear you got your BFP after trying for so long. One year ago this month, we started TTCing. We have gotten pregnant 2 x, but one was a CP and the other a MMC. I hope this is my month!

User Image

10 years ago

Hi ladies,

Sorry ive been MIA been trying to sort my head out. Weve been looking at fostering possible adoption then on the news this morning a new break through in IVF which has a higher success rate and alot cheaper. Ive emailed our local hospital to ask if they will be doing tjus and if they need couples to test it out on to consider us. Its been 4yrs in July since we staryed TTC and 4 CP's.

I just want our longed for baby :-(

Congrates Toronto xx

10 years ago

Its inspiring to read the pregnancy updates!!! Its good to know BFP's exist!!!

Thank you for fibroid information. Surgery is Tuesday. The Doc said that without it, conceiving would be complicated by miscarriage. So, surgery is the only option. Recovery is supposed to be quick!

We did bd this month, but unless there is a positive test on Tuesday morning, it won't count. Will be out till next month.

I am in my 40's and want another baby. I haven't done the blood work. Think I may have miscarried in March, now that I know what the fibroids can do. I want to have hope and not have the Dr give me his advice and what science says. I know it can happen and I want it to happen to me.

I am glad to be here, with other people who are trying together. I don't feel alone. I know others are doing the same thing and completely understand. Thank you

10 years ago

Had retrieval yesterday - sixteen eggs retrieved. Waiting on the call to find out how many, if any, were mature and how many, if any, of those fertilized.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Oh, essemkay, 16 eggs is a fantastic number! I am so happy for you. Hoping for a great fertilization rate!!!!! FX FX FX

10 years ago

Well, not as good as I was hoping, but better than I had a right to expect. Of the 16 retrieved, 12 were mature and as of this morning, we have 7 2-cell embryos.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo