Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Essemkay--GOOD LUCK, and my thoughts and prayers are with you....(((HUGS)))

AFM--according to my temp have not "O'd" probly good thing with hubby not feeling well...but better today so back to BD :) CD12 and counting (or atleast trying not to obsess) I know average "O" day is usually CD 12 to CD 14

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hello Ladies-

I'm 39.5, close enough to join board? I'm heading toward O this week and getting nervous. This is our first real month TTC. SO is 39 as well. I'm closely following your experiences with soy iso as I wanted to try them but turned out to be too chicken thinking it might mess my hormones up.

I'm just about doing everything "naturally" else though except maca. Tasted like garbage.

Thanks.

11 years ago

i say start testing at 10 dpo because ive always been an addict....i could never wait!

praying for you essemkay and angel and everyone close to o.

afm-i love the second trimester....finally getting my energy back..been riding my bike.....im noticebly pregnant now and needing maternity pants....a friend ive been helping asked me if i could keep her 4 month old boy for "a while". she is a single mom with 4 kids and just found out shes pregnant again!!!! pray for me as i ask for wisdom to help her get out of this cycle of irresponsibility......none of the baby daddies are around and shes not sure who this babys daddy is.....its a weird place to be for me...we all go thru so much to have our babys on here and then therecare those that dont want their babies and continue to get pregnant......sigh....

User Image

11 years ago

Experiencing pre-menopause (ugh!),cycles every where.One month 24 days,the next 29 and so on. Well this time I'm on cycle day 31,20dpo. I'm reluctant to test because my system is getting so wonky. Anyone else gone through this? I should mension,I have gotten slack about trying and have adopted an "accidently-on-purpose" philosophy,so can't remember if played any time close to ovulation...

11 years ago

Ive just read that a lack of iron cN decrease yoyr chances of getting pregnant. AF can sometimes be really heavy abd i feel drained so it might be a cause so will try iron supplements as well :-)

11 years ago

Brief update. Out of 14 "mature" follicles, we only had 7 eggs retrieved yesterday. Of those 7, only 4 eggs were mature. The good news is that all 4 fertilized and as of right now, we have 4 embryos growing. They'll call me tomorrow with an update and if any are still going strong, they'll give me a day and time for transfer.

Cross your fingers!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

That sounds really promising Essemkay.

11 years ago

essemkay... 14 follicles? Wow! Awesome number. How come they only got 7 eggs? Were the others not mature? In any case, four embies is a great result. I am crossing all I got that they will grow into blastocysts!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

torontochick, I don't know why they couldn't get more eggs. My RE said he sucked out all the fluid from every follicle, but only 7 eggs were found. So the others for whatever reason stuck to the follicle walls and didn't release. He said it happens sometimes. I don't know anything further.

And I'm a bit pissed that they didn't give the 3 non-mature eggs some time to mature. They said if you have 2 or more mature eggs, they just discard any immature ones immediately. If you have only 1 or no mature eggs, then they culture the immature ones overnight and then see if they'll fertilize.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

essemkay... I guess it depends on the clinic and the RE. In case of a 44 year old, I'd definitely culture the immature ones to see if I get one more embie out of them... Well, but still, you got four. Now all we need is one or two really good blasts! FX FX FX

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo