Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

461 - 470 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Dobbs - yeah, with my 2nd son, they had me on progesterone pills and aspirin, and although I had to go on bed rest for a month near the end of my pregnancy, things went well. For my dd, who was born almost 3 yrs later, I couldn't keep the pills down so eventually stopped taking them and all was well with her, too. I don't know. My OBGYN said I could take progesterone again if I get pregnant, but she said it's not a guarantee it will work since they can't diagnose what's going on with me.

So I just feel like I'm in limbo.

Essemkay - that's tough, when one of you just wants to stop and the other feels like they want to keep going. I know it has to be hard emotionally on both of you. With my situation it's been very difficult for my dh and I. Our emotions are much more on edge. We fight more. He doesn't understand the way I feel or how I express myself, and I just can't handle how he shuts down when things get too emotionally heavy for him. And then to add my stupid depression on top of all that and you've got a mess. I wish I could say something that would make everything all right for all of us, but life doesn't work that way and I'm so banged up emotionally myself right now I don't even know what I would say to start with! I know I haven't been through the same things as you and your dh, but I'm here to support you. :)

User Image

10 years ago

sorry you are going through a rough time, depression is very hard to overcome. i have been there.

they have progesterone suppositories that you put up the front or back door! you won't have to worry about keeping them down! if it worked for you before it could work again. i just have a feeling that they will learn more once you get your cd21 blood work...

User Image

10 years ago

Essemkay, torontochick, dobbs - where are you ladies? How is everyone?

I'm CD19, and go for a blood draw tomorrow to test my progesterone. Last week when I was at the RE's office, they wanted to do the ultrasound, but when they tested my blood they said I was about to ovulate and they couldn't do it or they might interfere with things. After they get the results tomorrow, they're supposed to call and tell me how it looks and whether or not they want me to start using progesterone cream. If I do start using it, I have to take a HPT next week when AF is due (Thurs or Fri) since the cream can delay AF even if you aren't pregnant. If I get a BFP, then I will be going for blood tests and ultrasounds with the RE - I got the impression it might be weekly or every two weeks. The RE would follow my pregnancy, along with the OB and the High Risk Ob.

we get a BFP. I had O pain last Wed, and we BD'd Monday, Tuesday, and late Wed night, so hope we caught the egg!

User Image

10 years ago

rebecca73, good luck!! My RE follows you until week 8-10 (depending) and then releases you to your OB.

AFM, I was really hoping I'd beat the odds. I had 3 super faint wondfos yesterday (12dpiui), but today instead of being darker, it's almost impossible to see at all. Clear blue easy and dollar general also say it's a no go this cycle. Boo. This was the first of our last 3 IUIs. We're going to be traveling mid-cycle this next cycle, so that will push our penultimate shot back until December.

Hope you all are well!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Hi. Just heard from the dr. I start progesterone tonight, then go back next Tuesday for blood work to see if I'm pregnant. I'm so nervous! I dont want to lose another baby!

User Image

10 years ago

hey ladies,

good luck essemkay and rebecca!!!

i am out, tested on Sunday negative on the digital, so stopped the progesterone, had my blood test to confirm but already knew the answer...

onward and upward, medicated cycle number 2 will hopefully start soon.

User Image

10 years ago

Hey everyone. My HCG blood test came back negative Tuesday, and AF showed up Friday. So now I've started using the fertility monitor and waiting to schedule the saline ultrasound the RE wants to do a few days before O to get a good picture of my uterus. As far as I know, that's the last test I'll have. (Unless she finds something.)

Hope everyone is well.

User Image

10 years ago

Just checking in. We used up all my IUI chances with no BFPs. So, my journey is over and I'm heartbroken. I hope that the rest of you have happier endings!

Best wishes!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Essemkay,

I feel your pain. I'm sending you comforting thoughts and hugs. I wish we all could have happy endings. J

10 years ago

Essemkay - I'm so sorry, dear! Hugs and well wishes your way.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo