Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

301 - 310 of 479 Replies | Last Page

That does sound like good news to me Essemkay although I know very little about the process. Still keeping everything crossed for your BFP

Toronto...good to hear everything is going well for you, not long now

For all the new posters....I hope this site gives you hope. I was fairly desperate when I found it and now only have 6 days of my pregnancy left. I hope you are all as lucky.

There seems to be a few other BFP's so HUGE to anyone I've missed. Pregnancy over 40 is not something I'm in a hurry to do again, it's been a long and hard road for me but I packed my hospital bag today and can honestly say although I'm terrified I'm also soooo excited and ask you all to please think of us on the 24th and prey our little girl comes into the world safely and as perfect as our other 2 children.

Thank you for all your support over the last year or so, it has helped no end and I'm looking forward to reading more success stories on here.
Keep the faith ladies....and remember....baby dancing IS fun xx

User Image

10 years ago

essemkay... 7 is a pretty good number at our age! Now, let's hope for blasts and a couple of frosties!!!! FX FX FX

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

Essemkay - I think your numbers look good - I only did marginally better using a donor in her 20's. GOOD LUCK!!! Fingers crossed for handsome blastocysts.

10 years ago

As of this morning, all 7 embryos are still going strong, so we're doing a day-5 transfer on Wednesday. Haven't had a chance to speak with my doctor to figure out how many to transfer, though.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Yeah essemkay! I did a 5 day transfer with 3 embies in 2006 and had fraternal twins! Praying for u!

Toronto...you were right...failed 3 hr glucose test today...have to monitor at home....i think its cruel to take ice cream and carbs away from pregnant ladies...but i know its important....

How is everyone doing this week? My oldest son graduating high school with a scholarship and everyone else out for the summer on may 31st

User Image

10 years ago

Hi! I failed a sugar test, did the glucose test and it came out fine. I was addicted to winterfresh gum, did crazy things to me... I know you can do this, no Ice Cream or Pasta. ...your on the home stretch. Good luck

10 years ago

I'm PUPO - beta is June 4. Wish me luck!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

essemkay... Congrats on being PUPO...!!!! Can't wait for your result (post a BFP, please, will you?)
My calculated DD is June 5, so hopefully I will see the good news right when you post!!

numbers, please give us an update on the birth of your baby! :)

xxx

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

10 years ago

Can't wait to hear the good new!!!! Praying essemkay

Toronto....you are so close,,,how are you feeling?

I'm huge and baby boy has dropped already...I'm thinking our July baby will show up in June!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement jax....my biggest problem now is snow cones...

User Image

10 years ago

Hi ladies, with a few of you ever closer to the special day ill take this oppertunity to wish you well. Its such a special time for a family. I sincerly hope more BFP's follow.

Afm...I had my baby girl by c section on friday and she's just perfect. We've called her Honey-Rose and she weighed 7lb 13 1/2oz. The hospital let me home on Saturday as I was doing so well but am in a lot of pain now even though its lovely to be home with the rest of my family. I realise how lucky I have been and I appreciate my little miracle so much. I hope that many more of you will get the chance to experience this joy.

Good luck to you all x

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo