Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Oh, Holly3307. I am so sorry - I know you must be devastated beyond words. My deepest sympathies to you and yours.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Holly--i am so sorry ((((HUGS))))

Essemkay--how are things with you?

AFM--driving myself nuts here, had some (sorry tmi) brown spotting last 2 days, now it has stopped and spent most of yesterday in tears thinking i was having a miscarriage, because for some reason my hpt's were significantly lighter than they were and would think they should b getting darker...but this morning definite positive..so not sure what is going on...dr said that some brown spotting like that can be normal and not to worry unless it became a bright red and heavier..still can't get me in until the 25th and they said if it was a miscarriage there is nothing they could do at this point so just have to wait until my appt..ugghhhh

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

I'm depressed and heartbroken and despondent. But since none of those things are very productive, I'm brushing myself off and trying to get with the program.

I ordered some soy isoflavones and coq10 - I decided against the inositol, vitex and dhea. My RE is against all supplements (except prenatals), so I'm just going to see what this month brings and then drop them when I start stims for the last try - whenever that will be (probably late March) - assuming I don't magically get pregnant on my own.

Angel, I wish they could get you in sooner! It stinks to be so stressed and worried when a quick little ultrasound could take it all away! They say brown blood is old blood, but I know seeing ANY blood is terrifying.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Holly, I am very sad about your news :( Heartbreaking. Hopefully you will be able to regroup and get pregnant again very soon.

Essemkay... Already told you how sad I was about your news :( Definitely, take the CoQ10!!! Take 3x200mg per day. I took CoQH in a lower dose as it has a higher rate of absorption but 600mg of CoQ10 was what an RE in Toronto had told me to take. I would not do the Soy Iso. They could potentially mess with your hotmone levels and screw up your cycle (unless your are taking a break before your next IVF and want to try naturally again). It's hailed as the natural clomid but you would not take clomid without supervision if you're cycling. If you don't want to risk going on DHEA, etc. - how about adding a potent antioxidant? I took resveratrol, pycnogenol and astaxanthin in the weeks leading up to my successful cycle.

Angel, the 25th can't get here fast enough!!! Wishing you lots of luck. Suppose the hpts that were lighter were taken after you had peed shortly before or after fluid intake? This would dilute the hcg. Better you don't do the hpts anymore because they can worry you for no reason..,

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hello everyone, hope everyone is well.

I'm really sorry to hear your news Holly. A similar thing happened to my girlfriend two months ago. She is holding onto the fact that she got pregnant in the first place so her body knows what to do.

Essemkay :-( I don't know what to say. I had everything crossed for you. I also agree with Torontochick don't do both Clomid and soy isos. I hope the re has something positive to say.

Afm I have my Clomid script. 100mg a day for 5 days. He said days 2 to 6 butI think 3 to 7 what does everyone else think?

Also My re mentioned a trigger shot. What exactly is this and has anyone elsehad It with Clomid?

I asked for a blood test on day 21 is there anything else that I need to ask, tell my Dr. He doesn't see the be very clued up but working to help me so I'm happy with that.

11 years ago

A trigger shot is a shot you take to make you ovulate all of your mature follicles. Typically, in a natural cycle, one follicle takes the lead and is the only one to mature, then when you have your LH surge, it is the only one to rupture and release an egg. Clomid can make you mature more than one follicle (I usually got 4), but without a trigger shot, you will generally ovulate only the lead one. The trigger shot is made up of hcg (the pregnancy hormone), which is very similar to LH and will cause you to ovulate all mature follicles within about 36 hours after the shot. So it not only helps with giving you more targets, but also with timing.

I hope clomid works for you, it made my lining too thin. We added estrace to counteract that, but just couldn't get my lining to optimal thickness.

I'm not doing clomid and soy isoflavones at the same time. I don't have any clomid, I was just going to try the soy iso. The earliest we can cycle again for IVF would be the end of March (if then), so I have at least this month to try on my own.

11 years ago

Holly I am so so sorry.....prayers for you and your family

Essemkay I am also lifting prayers up for you...I feel strong about the Dhea as it worked for me. I had a sucessful Ivf cycle in 2006 that resulted in twin boys....I took supplements before that cycle also...on top of prenatals.

Angel...how are you feeling?

Toronto-how are you?

Afm-I am 17 weeks and look 7months.....we found out last week we are having a boy! I go march 4 for full anatomy scan but so far everything looks really good! We have been fostering a 5 month old baby boy for 5 weeks so I'm exhausted! Finally he's sleeping longer at night....I don't know if I mentioned it before but I have an incisional hernia that my dr is going to fix after my csection in July. Taking care of a baby is making my pregnancy go fast....

User Image

11 years ago

Hi everyone. I have another question today. What is better to start with Clomid? 50 mg or 100 mg? and what days. My re said 5 to 9. Do I go against his advice?

11 years ago

ok im confused. I was 11DPO yesterday and started to brown spot when I wiped so thought it was AF coming a day early, so popped a pad on just incase (as I was at work and did not want any accidents) anyway there was hardly any brown discharge on the pad so therefore I did not wear one for bed. Nothing during the night (although I woke up desparate to pee about 1am) and today there is nothing again???

I normally have some brown discharge before AF which gets worse as the day goes on and then i get really bad cramps. So far nothing.

I dont want to get my hopes built up and keep telling myself that AF is just around the corner. I even started a new cycle on my chart as I was sure it was AF.

Anyone else had this and went on to get a BFP?

11 years ago

Kraken, that actually sounds really positive to me. I started a new chart because of, what started as brown discharge then became (what I thought was) full blown AF...I am now nearly 26 weeks pregnant!! I thought AF was always round the corner from my symptoms and I had been trying for a long time. Fingers crossed for you, I had a negative at 11dpo then faint +ve at 12dpo. Let us know and good luck x

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo