Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 479 Replies | Last Page

hi y'all sorry for dropping off for awhile there, last faint that i had, believe was yet again another chemical :( so was just bummed and dealing with the depression, last 2 cycles for some reason started AF on CD17 which was just really weird, always 28-30....not really doing much of anything other than enjoying each other and our family....was supposed to have my biopsy done on the 5th, and the office canceled and am rescheduled for the 22nd, have no idea of dpo atm, but am due for AF next Friday so far this cycle seems to b back to normal as i am on CD 21....

EOE: have continued to keep all of y'all in my thoughts and prayers <3

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Good luck essemkay... you never know! Will BCPs be okay for you or would there be a risk of oversupression? FX!!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Over suppression is pretty much expected. I was oversuppressed the last two times we did birth control pills (once for IUI, once for IVF - both times for 12 days before the cycle). We're only going to do 10 days of birth control pills and add in an extra day or 2 of stims (it's only money, right?), to try to get around that. We'll see!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

@swimmom - thanks for giving us periodic updates on your pregnancy. You are truly an inspiration. Everytime I hear someone over 40 is doing well with their pregnancy, it gives me hope!

@angel1970 - Sorry to hear about your possible CP. I hope everything is okay when you go to see your physician.

@essemkay - fingers crossed for you. Hoping your update is positive!

AFM - I was out of town all week and returned home last night. I prayed that I didn't O before I got home. Well I'm CD13 and got a smiley face on a CBE digital and a peak on my CBEFM this morning! DH and I BDd last evening and again this afternoon, so I hope we caught the eggie!

User Image

11 years ago

Girls. I hope everyone is well. I have been really trying not to be so all consumed by ttc. I was also really disappointed with the lack of interest by myDr. I know I can get another but I don't know who and don't want to have to get someone up to speed only to find out they don't know either. Just a vent.I'm in the two week wait now. I was really busy with work so couldn't do opks. Cm was fairly dry but Comus can do that. My 21 day test is on Thursday.

Good luck eessemkay. Keep us posted.

Thanks Toronto, how are you going.

Good luck Holly. Playing you have caught the eggy.

My heart goes out to you Angel. I hope you can get some answers to why you are having cp's. Big hugs to you and hubby.

11 years ago

Thanks y'all...<3 pretty much just hanging out and if it's meant to be for us it will happen, just trying not to obsess to much over it...

Essemkay~ praying hard for you <3

Toronto and Numbers~ how are y'all and your lil peanuts doing? shouldn't you be about due here soon Toronto?

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Montanella, Holly and Angel... Glad you girls checked in...

Essemkay... Good luck!

My fingers are all crossed and I am sending you prayers!!

Angel, I got about 7 weeks or so left. My belly is huge!! I know that the big jump in weight gain and belly gain is still coming - just not sure where to put all this... But I am complaining on a high level, I know... ;) Everything has gone so smoothly except for the "bladder glitch" early on. Hope the remainder of the pregnancy will go just as well.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Angel...I'm fine thankyou. Booked for c-section on May 24th so counting the days now. I too am huge and uncomfortable but looking forward to meeting her in a few weeks.
I have been heeping up to date with all your progress and keep my fingers crossed for u all. Everyone been through so much and I just hope and prey that it will be your turn soon xx

User Image

11 years ago

Congrats, numbers... soon you are going to meet the little princess... So why have you decided on c/s?

My DD is June 5... and I actually hope that she's not going to be early...

Keep us posted numbers!

11 years ago

Hey Toronto...so glad u too are doing well, not long now :)
I have to have a section since my 2 previous were emergency ones. I don't mind...at least I get a date and can get organised

I'm ready now, having Braxton Hicks, not sleeping and generally knackered so 39 sleeps and counting for me

Stay well and in touch xx

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo