Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Karen, I've just researched the LEEP procedure and I would guess that yes, it could contribute to your CP's. You've had so many that there has to be something at fault with your lining. You don't have a short LP (which was my initial problem) so I would say the egg is just not implanting well enough to sustain the pregnancy. Are you still bleeding? I'm sure there is medication you can take to strengthen your lining. If you have a good GP then he should be able to help you x

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Nikki, yeah im still bleeding but its not that heavy now. Im still having preg sypmtoms. Ive been taking folic acid and iron tablets. Going to take the soy again starting tonight but will try get into the DRs and see what he says

11 years ago

Yeah, I think that's the best idea
Dare I ask....have you done a HPT?

User Image

11 years ago

I was going to take one this morning but didnt see the point. You think i still should? Xx

11 years ago

Well I think I would yes. At 16dpo if you are pregnant you should get a fairly strong positive and it could also be helpful to you Dr if you manage to get an appt. I would think they would ask you to do one anyway x

User Image

11 years ago

Never thought of that. Will do one in the morning xx

11 years ago

Kraken--i am so sorry to hear, my thoughts and prayers are with you, i know it can b so discouraging, but i agree with numbers..it sure can't hurt just to make sure..

Numbers & Toronto--good to hear y'all are doing well..continue to keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers

Swimom--Congrats on your lil boy, good to hear things are going well..my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you

AFM--had an er trip monday night for severe cramping and bleeding...so i am out..in the process of an early m/c..see my dr. still on Monday..hanging in there...not quite sure as to where we are going to go from here...but i am trying to focus on how God has already blessed us, and trying to stay positive..maybe it's just not in his plan for us......

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel - so sorry your going through the same thing. Its horrible and each one hurts more and more. I keep blaming myself wondering what ive done wrong etc. Its the worst feeling

11 years ago

angel, I'm so very very sorry.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

We're hopping back on the IVF train for one last try. Assuming this au naturale doesn't work for us, I'll start birth control pills on CD3 of my next period, stims 2 weeks after that. Retrieval should be mid-April.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo