Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

401 - 410 of 479 Replies | Last Page

hey rebecca, thanks for the welcome. i was just reading your story, sorry for your losses.

it will be interesting to see what the fertility clinic will find.

right now for me they are monitoring my cycle without stepping in with any meds, they want to see what occurs naturally before going forward with any treatment.

have you thought of going to a naturopath for acupuncture? they would do it while your pregnant, wonder if that would help? i will ask mine when i see her next. might not be until next week.

User Image

10 years ago

not sure is anyone is on here much but i just got back from my fertility apt. i am cycle day 12 and still not follicle development.

i have elevated prolactin and it's up as of day 10, however, on a good note my estrogen is slowly climbing from 102 on day 3 to 199 day 10. hopefully it's still going up.

just very upset and frustrated. i have been trying for over a year and to find out that i might not even be ovulating, yet having an af, freaking me out. looks like my ovarian reserve isn't the greatest either.

feeling depressed and alone, trying not to cry at work. trying to hold it together.

User Image

10 years ago

Oh, hon! I'm so sorry. I know this news has to be a complete shock. But I don't think all is lost. Are they saying they don't think you're ovulating AT ALL (each month) or just not this time? Hang in there!

User Image

10 years ago

hey rebecca,

thanks for the support.

maybe just this time cause i had my blood work done on day 21 of my last cycle and my progesterone was 14, suggesting that i ov'ed last cycle.

maybe it's just all over the place... no idea what's going to happen or what to expect.

User Image

10 years ago

Dobbs6, if your issue is elevated prolactin, they can easily bring that down. Don't worry - nothing you've said is insurmountable!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

thanks essemkay

seems to be one of those days, when you just hold on to the negative facts...

User Image

10 years ago

Hi Ladies, and to the new Ladies welcome.

I have not been on here in ages but I have been reading up and congratulations where its due :-)

Well I am on CD32 and 16DPO. Which makes me 4 days lates for AF. I know as Im tryping this that AF will no doubt show up and make me feel like an idiot for thinking otherwise.

Anyway on 10DPO I had a pink stained CM when I wiped only and I thought oh here comes AF a few days early. Then nothing. AF was due Monday and i started to have brown discharge only when wiping and not much of it. I have had that off and on up to today. No AF systoms and no preg systoms either. So I am confused, dont want to test yet incase its just AF playing mind games but I have never been this late before. I keep getting a pain in my left ovary but nothing like I get when AF is about to pop up.

Dont want to get myself all excited incase its just nothing but at the same time i need to know so I can look after myself more. We BD both days before 'O' and on the day so I am hoping that I caught the little eggie and it sticks.

10 years ago

good luck kraken,

that's exciting and sounds promising! sorry to ask for a tmi but what colour was the cm on 10dpo? i had that with my son, right when af was due and then i waited a week to test. well i did test on day 2 of what should have been af and it was a faint positive.

i know what you mean though, you don't want to get your hopes up just in case, but sounds good so far.

so are you normally 12dpo and then af?

User Image

10 years ago

Hey ladies. 16Dpo. AF should have started yesterday. Negative hpt. Just so frustrated. I've never done this before. AF is always on the dot. No spotting or anything.

User Image

10 years ago

hey rebecca, it might be too early to read a positive, especially if it's only one day late so far...

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo