Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Thanx Angel will have a look on anazon cant beat that site :-)

11 years ago

Hi ladies.... just letting you know what soy and dosage I took and then got my bfp! I just bought the soy isoflavones by nature way I think at Walmart. I took the equivalent dosage that I was taking with clomid. I was on 100mg clomid so that is equivalent to 200mg for soy. (it is double to equal the clomid) I took it days 4 through 8. The earlier you take it in your cycle it helps with egg maturation and quality... if you take it later days like 5 through 9 then it helps more with O. I took 4 tabs (40mg) first two days then 5 the rest. I got my bfp just about a week ago! good luck ladies!

And it can interfere with opks... just like clomid... so opks won't be accurate until a day or two after stopping the soy.

11 years ago • Post starter

Cj---awesome and thank u, that is what i am taking since issues with "O' some cycles, so 3-7 seemed to be the happy medium at 200mg...and thank u for the info, not much out there on it affecting the opk's, I know clomid can affect them giving false pos. but wasn't sure with the soy iso's thank u :) this mornings opk was nearly a pos...but only cd 5 so weird, but with me who knows weird seems to be the norm, and i know with our youngest that i got pregnant the day after i finished AF...so guess anything is possible....also big temp dip this morning which for me usually is the day of "O" so will see what happens, if the temps jump back up next few days, just trying not to go all OCD on it again, LOL

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Ok AF just started i have a 4 day AF when should i take the soy? It says its for menopause?????

11 years ago

I am taking my soy iso's CD 3-7...some do 2-6, 1-5, or 5-9...but from reading the 3-7 is the happy medium for eggs and quality..

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Thanx Angel ill try that :-)

FX to our BFP's

11 years ago

Just checking in. I'm still stimming. I know this is going to be gibberish to most of you, but to those who like stats, here come the stats! Right now I've got:

RO 15.3mm, 15.1, 14.2, 14.0, 13.0, 12.4 (plus a bunch of < 10s)
LO 13.1, 13.0, 12.8, 11.7, 10.9 (plus a bigger bunch of < 10s)
Lining 7.57mm

My E2 is 487, which is more than double from Sunday and everything looks terrific. The nurse said it's possible that some of the under 10s can get into the race. She said things look way better than they did our last IVF cycle (which resulted in our daughter) - exciting! Going back in on Thursday, it's looking like I'll trigger on Saturday or Sunday, which will make retrieval Monday or Tuesday.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Angel, the soy isos will def affect the OPK - just like Clomid does. Keep testing AFTER you've completed the soys, right now, the temps and OPKs are not very reliable.

Kraken... Good luck with the soy isos.

essemkay... Wohoo!! That sounds like you will have at least 10 good follies if not more! Definitely a much better outcome so far than your AFC... :) I am praying that there will be that one good egg for you!!!!

AFM: I had my anatomy scan yesterday and my little girl is just looking perfect!! So, definitely no genetic testing for us now. I passed the half-way mark last week and now I am just looking forward to starting my mat leave. In a way, I am lucky to be in Germany with this pregnancy - mat leave starts 6 weeks before the due date and then I can take a year off after delivery. Very much looking forward to the time off. My DS is starting primary school in September and I am glad that I will have a bit more time for him. Likely, I won't go back to a working full time after my leave. I'll probably cut my hours to 30/week or so.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

torontochick, congrats for hitting the half-way mark! And you're rounding the corner on the viability date as well. YAY!! Sounds like we should all move to Germany - what fabulous maternity benefits!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hi Ladies... Am lurking back on this thread after a long hiatus. I am 42 and TTC #3. I am currently DPO10 according to FF but DPO12 according to this website chart. IDK which is accurate (depending on the day I O'ed as I had four days of +OPKs this cycle). I had unbelievable excessive tooting yesterday and today (am a gas factory on overdrive!). This morning after tooting so much, I had unusual dark blackish/greenish soft stools (sorry TMI) and light pinkish spotting when checking inside CP. My AF isnt due until Jan. 28th. So IDK if this is early AF symptoms or early preg symptoms? Any of your ladies have similar experience? I never had this "baby poop" so early in the morning (7am) before! Any advices would be greatly appreciated. TIA...

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo