Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 483 Replies | Last Page

WELL DONE FAITH U GO GIRL never could get those bloody things too work but im glad urs did...good luck red ill pray...dont do it often like!!..lol

11 years ago

Angel... Oh, so sorry to hear that. I know how you must feel. I hope you are only 4 weeks along and the beta will confirm it. Hugs & FX

Paradise... After IVF, I always take 600mg split into three doses about 8 hourse apart. If you have 400mg, I'd split it into 2 or 4 doses.

Red... Crossing my fingers for a BFP.

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

I am completely confused and lost atm. Dr's office called, have no clue as to what is going on. My beta hcg is -1. they said that if I conceived later than we thought, that could b why, so have to go back in a week for another beta test.

So Just seriously confused, I am 2 wks late for AF, no sign of it, possible conception could've been just a few days before my cycle was to start. so could it really be too early for bloodwork to show a level? Especially when I have several faint positive hpt's. And lots of pregnancy symptoms. They even checked my hormone levels to make sure it wasn't possibly early menopause but those are all in the normal range.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel - First of all, take a big deep breath! Stress is not good. Second, good news is you're not menopausal! Doesn't make sense that you would have pos pee test but not blood test. Maybe they screwed up, I'm sure that next week it will be better, keeping you in my prayers!

Lauren User Image

11 years ago

Angel... So sorry to hear about the confusion. How could you possibly have a  beta of 1 ? An HPT would never pick that up. I gather you'd need a level of 40 in your blood to have 10 in your urine for an EPT to pick up the hcg in your urine. (Granted, that is my personal guesstimate based on my super-super faint beta at 12dpo and a subsequent beta of 41 the next morning...). So, having said that, if your hpts are positive, how can your beta be this low? There must have been an error!

I'm praying for you!!!

Toronto-Honestly I have no clue. That's what I would figure as well. from everything I have read, the hcg would be higher in the blood than in the urine, but yet I have a faint but clear positive on a FRER. The nurse I talked to yesterday afternoon, was just as confused and said it made no sense, that I would have a pos on an hpt but only an hcg blood level of 1. So they are having me come back in next Friday to do another blood draw. Something certainly isn't right here, it just doesn't make any sense.
So for now just trying to stay calm, so the kids don't pick up on me being upset, but I am just an emotional mess. I am crying over everything, uggghhh.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

I'm crossing everything for you, angel!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Oh shucks, angel, they make you wait for a week? SIGH!!
I looked at your chart and it does look a bit up and down. It went down quite a bit and then you stopped temping. I don't want to upset you, but could it be that you have m/c'd again and they caught the last bit of hcg as it was leaving your body? Or was the hpt still positive this morning? At this point, the line should be clearly visible and should have gotten increasingly darker on the hpts or have you stopped POASing? Maybe get a stack of cheapo Hpts to keep you sane til next Friday?

AFM: Went for my baseline check-up this morning. My u/s was all clear and b/w was good. So I got the green light and already took my first shot (in the office bathroom, yikes!).

Have a good weekend everyone!

That's terrific, torontochick!!

I also went for my baseline this morning. I was so scared they were going to say, "whoops! you're out of eggs, sorry!" But she didn't even bother to do an exact count of the follicles. Just looked at the right, said "at least 5," looked at the left and said, "this one looks great, too -- at least 5 also" and was done. Whew! So onward to the saline sonogram on Tuesday, husband's semen analysis is Wednesday and we'll see what we see.

My father-in-law died yesterday and all that keeps going through my head is that we never gave him a grandson to carry on the family name. I hope we get that chance, even though it's now too late for him to know our baby(ies).

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay - so sorry for your lost. Your FIL may never know your kids but your kids and still know their grandfather through you and your DH through pictures, stories and videos (if you have any).

Good luck ladies on your cycle.

Prayers and good thoughts to you angel.

Have a safe holiday weekend everyone!

Me 41, DH 45 DS 10/07 MC – 4/06 (nat), 7/06 (d&c), 2/09 (d&c), 4/10 (nat) Fibroids – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09 HSG – 12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydrosalpinx IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3 IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6 FET 08/12 - 1 embryo

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo