Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 483 Replies | Last Page

Why are you high risk, angel?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Red-that's how it is going to be here we figured out dates for her and she is due the day after me :) this is going to be interesting, lol

Essemkay-I am considered high risk because of multiple m/c, and my lupus as well. Then I also have a history of placenta previa and have had to be on bed rest with 2 of our babies because of it, but it all worked out and the placenta moved up so I was able to deliver naturally.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

In Germany, you're considered "High risk" as soon as you are over 35. LOL.

It's CD1 for me!! AF showed up last night and so I can start stimming on Friday - yay! I am full of hope for this cycle, but of course also terrified that something might go wrong. Need lots of prayers!

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

5dpo
i cant understand something ....if implantation hapens approx 7 days after ovulation then how can people be having symptoms from 1dpo?

11 years ago

Toronto-that was the one I forgot, lol. yep my age as well has me high risk. as far as I'm concerned go right on ahead, then the more monitoring and sonos to see the baby :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel - How is your lupus? Are you on any meds? I was diagnosed several years ago now, but have been in "remission" for the past year.

Lauren User Image

11 years ago

I tried to insist I was high risk when I was pregnant with my daughter (got pregnant at 42, delivered at 43), but the doctor wouldn't go for it. I even had placenta previa, but she didn't care (placenta did eventually move just adjacent to the cervix, so we were hoping on a vaginal delivery). I only got the standard 10 week and 34 week ultrasounds (except I did talk her into a couple extra ones when I just happened to get the ultrasound room for my appointment). Which reminds me, I only even got monthly appointments until week 30, then every 3 weeks until week 36, then every 2 until week 39, and then weekly until they decided to do the c-section at 41 weeks (I was scheduled to be induced at week 42). Week 42!

Torontochick, I'm CD1, too! Wish I was stimming this cycle, but I'm wishing you all the luck I can!!!

leeanne72, the symptoms people claim they have starting so early are probably from the shift in hormones around ovulation. Or from the normal bump up in progesterone that happens every cycle between ovulation and AF. I think they're just paying such close attention to their bodies when trying to conceive, that they notice every little everything and swear they've never felt that before or only felt it when pregnant before, or whatever. :)

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hello ladies:

Angel/Red - Congrats to the two grandmas- to-be. I love the idea of having a grandbaby and a baby growing up together. Such modern families.

Toronto - congrats! Here's to a successful ride to !

AFM - thank you ladies for your kind words. The BFN was a bummer but I'm getting back on the horse! I am on CD2 now. We are completely au naturale now. I don't know if we will try this month since DH is having some medical issues to pursue. Gives me a chance to focus on strengthening my fertility and self. I am doing a fertility cleanse this month and then planning to add some new supplements to my repertoire (sp) such as maca root (in addition to the royal jelly, CoQ10, red rasberry leaf tea and Vitamin B complex). I am also joining my company gym. Soon I will be a hot, fertile mama....of two!

Me 41, DH 45 DS 10/07 MC – 4/06 (nat), 7/06 (d&c), 2/09 (d&c), 4/10 (nat) Fibroids – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09 HSG – 12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydrosalpinx IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3 IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6 FET 08/12 - 1 embryo

11 years ago

Shanessa, it looks like you and I are around the same cycle days. I am cycle day 3 today and am also going to go into this next and future cycles as natural as possible. The clomid didn't work for me at all last cycle as it only dried me out completely during ovulation and I was worried about the other side affects it can cause anyways so I am only going to take a baby aspirin daily and use Royal Jelly, my prenatal vitamins, trying not to stress, getting some exercise and eating healthier and then use prometrium once I have confirmed my ovulation. I am so excited but nervous for my next ovulation to come. Just curious, are you also using prometrium and if so, when do you start it? My doctor said I could wait til after I get a positive pregnancy test or start them a day or so after ovulation. I took them after last ovulation then stopped them at 11 dpo when I got a negative pregnancy test. Also, I am wondering if it is better to use them vaginally or orally? I take 2 200 mg orally daily and I also took them with the last miscarriage orally so I am wondering if they were strong enough. Hope everyone else is getting some good news soon.

Paradise

11 years ago

thanks essemkay...i kinda thought that but wanted to be sure, i has something interesting happen to me this cycle which has never happened before, I had light pink spotting round ovulation so i believe this was me ovulating (going by internet research) I have been taking a conception supplement to make me more fertile ...so im hoping it was this that made the spotting happen
to all

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo