Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 483 Replies | Last Page

I like the wondfo strips. They're uber cheap.

From what I understand, most women have their surge around 10:00 a.m., so the best time to test is between 2 and 6 p.m. (after not drinking or peeing for 3-4 hours). I usually just test with FMU until the line starts getting darker, and then go to 2-3 times a day (FMU, 5pm and before bed).

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Welcome to all the new ladies, glad to have y'all :)

Shanessa-so sorry to hear about your BFN. but ya never know that BFP can creep right up on you when your not expecting it, I know I certainly wasn't expecting mine this mth.

Toronto-you are correct, so far still doing good other than the fatigue, nauseau and having to pee every 10 min, lol. No more spotting at all just that lil bit the other night and morning. Was just enough that it scared the dickens out of me. I go tomorrow for all my bloodwork and first prenatal visit, with me being high risk, my dr is pretty good about getting a sono done right away and on a regular basis, so hoping maybe one tomorrow since it is too early to hear the baby heartbeat, or later in the week. just been a bit busy with our last weekend camp out for the summer and getting the kids ready for school, and sports already starting up, baseball and volleyball.

Thoughts and prayers to all :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Faith, my best advice re: BBT is - try to take your temps every day at the same time. I usually take mine at 6 am, which is my regular wake up time and then set the alarm on the weekend (I have to go pee anyway and go back to bed afterwards). Even if you have to get up to pee at night, just go, keeping the lights low, and go back to bed and temp at much as possible around the same time. Your temps will not give you an accurate chart if you temp anywhere between 2am and 8am. Particularly, since your body also changes temps throughout the night.

As for CP checking - I don't have so much advice. I can feel my cervix except when it's o-time when it will be so high and soft that I can barely reach it. It takes pratice. Best thing is not to start mid-cycle but after AF ends. At this point, it will be low and firm and it's easier to start tracking the changes.

As for using OPKs - I agree with essemkay. Do not use FMU. It's best to test after 11am. I actually had pretty good results testing between 3pm and 5pm. Make sure you limit your fluid intake and wait about four hours before you pee it's a bit of a pain, but that way you make sure that your urine is not diluted.

Shanessa... Very, very sorry to hear about your BFN. Particularly under the circumstances... I know how you feel... Suffering from belly envy and sibling envy myself. Sigh!!
Welcome paradise and sorry if I forgot someone. I am on my iPhone and it's tricky to keep track of all the posts.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Angel... FX for tomorrow!!

Forgot to add something on the progesterone... From everything I learned, particularly the IF treatments, it is way more effective to take the progesterone as suppositories instead of orally. This way, the progesterone can take it's full effect were it is supposed to - in the uterus. If you take it orally, it is metabolized through the liver. It will be less effective but possibly you will have more side effects. For LP support, the typical dose is 200 mg every 8 hours. Hope this helps!!

Looks like AF is at the gate!! (YAY!) If she arrives tomorrow, I could start stimming as early as Friday!! (Guess I've never been so happy about pre-AF spotting ;) )

Hope EOE is doing ok!!

So excited for you, torontochick!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Guess I need to take that ticker out of my signature, it is talking out of its butt. I am not on day 1, waiting to ovulate. I'm on day 29, waiting for AF or a BFP.

EDIT: I take that back. That ticker knows more than I do. *sigh*

11 years ago

Well my appt went great, Dr said everything looks good. I am almost 6 wks along. He does have me as high risk, so will be going back in thursday for a sono, to check the baby and heartbeat.
Then to top off the day even though it isn't even any where near over, we just found out my son's fiance is preggers and will be due shortly before me. My estimated due date is April 25. So I will be a new mama and a new grandma all in the same mth, ugghhh. So will have another bundle of joy in the house, and help them as well since they are both only 19 and are trying to get ready to go to college in the spring.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Congrats Angel! We also found out that we are going to be grandparents. Our daughter is due in February. Will be funny, her child will be older than our youngest (whenever God decides to bless us)!

Lauren User Image

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo