Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

461 - 470 of 483 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies. I've been lurking here for quite a while and decided to introduce myself and say hello at last. Compared to many of you, I'm new to the fertility game, and came to it by accident when I became unexpectedly, spontaneously pregnant last Christmas and then miscarried in January. Since then, much has happened. Have been trying in earnest since May. First IUI was today. Fingers crossed - and congrats to all of you with recent BFPs!!!

If this post looks funny, please bear with me till I get it figured out...I'm over 40 after all!

11 years ago

Welcome, justone! So sorry for your loss, hope your IUI leads to a sticky BFP!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

justone--welcome to the group, so sorry for your loss, FX that you get that BFP *PRAYERS*

AFM--officially 1 day late, only that one day of spotting, no more since...temps are on the low side but back up...and do believe i still have that faint bfp on an FRER this morning...started taking vit. C and E, did some reading on progesterone levels and found that those can help increase progesterone..so will see what happens...

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Welcome justone!!

Angel - your symptoms sound very promising!! I would like to learn more about the C& E..my progesterone levels were low before MC in march, I am not sure if I should start taking the progesterone pills my ob prescribed. Should I take now and if AF rears her head stop then??

GL to both of you!! I am hoping we all get BFP's this month... I am 3 dpo so this TWW is killing me!!

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Angel...still sounds promising so fingers firmly crossed for you x

Karinfrank...I had progesterone problems and short LP so I self prescribed Vitex, vit C, vit E, progesterone cream and B6 complex. Got BFP that month. Good luck to you x

Justone... Good luck with the IUI. Fingers firmly crossed for you yoo x

Faith...yay for he heartbeat, its a wonderful thing x

Toronto...yay for the 'pee' must be such a relief x

Afm...all good here :) xx

User Image

11 years ago

Welcome Justone!!

Karin, you can take progesterone cream or suppositories as soon as ovulation is confirmed. You take it for about two weeks or AF arrives. Then you stop again. B6 is also said to support the LP and you can take it throughout the cycle, best combined with a B-complex.

Essemkay, have you started stimming?

Angel, is the line getting any darker?? FX FX

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Yes, I'm on day 6 of stims. I went in after 3 days and unfortunately, it seems the birth control pills oversuppressed me. Usually after 3 days, I have follicles in the 12-15 range and estrogen of at least 200. This time, nothing. Nada. I go back in Monday, but I'm not very hopeful because I'm still bleeding. Doctor said once my estrogen starts going up as the follicles grow, the bleeding will stop. So frustrating.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Number3 - did you take that combo all month or just after "o"?? I feel like I keep trying something different every month, but I do have all of those items except B6 already stocked. Just not sure when to start ? Also not sure about my LP I didn't get o last month while taking clomid. And this month I ran out of sticks just when I think I would have..I was getting a high reading on the monitor..we DTD every day after that just in case. My cycle is 25 days.

Just praying I get that BFP in 10 days

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Karinfrank - I waited till after O to take vitex and use the progesterone cream but the others I took from AF. I was also much more relaxed. We didn't BD every day just 3 times which was every other day and according to my scan 2 of them were after I ovulated. We really didn't try so hard, we just had a laugh and enjoyed each other (sorry if TMI) but I really think it helped. I did temp, use opks and a monitor but the monitor peaked the day after I Ovulated according to my doc. I only ever got to 8dpo before so this combo was a real breakthrough for me. Have you had your progesterone tested and what is your average LP? I really hope you get your BFP this month anyway but if not then trying different combos is the way to go until you find what works for you. I had lost faith after 9 months of trying so just goes to show....never give up hun. GOOD LUCK, fingers crossed for you xx

User Image

11 years ago

unfortunately at the moment Toronto, no my lines are not getting darker, sometimes they are neg. and others there are faint lines in the evening, am now 3 days late still no sign of AF and temp hasn't dropped as usual to indicate her arrival, so a bit on the confused side..the last week or so have been dealing with alot of stress so maybe that has affected or delayed AF i dunno...but wouldn't my temps drop rather than stay well above coverline? or looking at my chart almost wondering if i "O'd" later than the chart is saying, chart on FF says I "O" on CD14, but if u look at it, I am wondering if it is possible i either o'd on cd19 or cd20....and if that is the case i would only be 11dpo rather than 17dpo...

User Image
My Ovulation Chart

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo