Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

411 - 420 of 483 Replies | Last Page

Essemkay n toronto..mold inspection can b as little as $300 but expensive as $3000. For our single family home we paid $400.

11 years ago

Thanks, girls. I already called someone. He is coming tomorrow morning. It might actually cost quite a bit, but honestly - our health is more important. I mean, me preggers with previous childhood asthma and a five year old in the house... I don't want to take any chances... But, since we are getting ready for a move in January, which will cost as a fair amount of money (never mind that we had spent a fortune on IVF), this is not what we need in addition to everything else. But, nothing we can do about it now, I guess...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Torontochick, I was told that homeowner's insurance may cover it if it can be proved that it was a leak... We have a mold problem too (my husband is ignoring it) so I've asked around. So, hopefully it can be covered. Good luck!

AFM - Just a few days past 6 weeks. Dr. appointment not until end of 7th week. Getting bad indigestion - something new for me. Other than that and sore BBs, I have no other symptoms. I freaked out for a few days b/c of that, but then just had to give it to God. He is the one who made it possible, so whatever His plans are, I'm just here for the ride. I pray daily (okay, multiple times) over my baby and will just continue to praise God regardless.

Hang in there all you BDing ladies!

-faith

User Image

11 years ago

I hope all is well with you ladies!

My son is still in the hospital. His kidney function is down some and we need to keep an eye on the trauma to it. He just spiked another temp, and they may postpone his thumb surgery and his release for tomorrow. He is moving around better, although they have hooked his IV back up because of the renal problem, trying to flush it out more. He is crabby and wants to go home! LOL!

AFM - 3dpo and had pretty clear +OPK's on CD 15-16. We bd'ed up to that point, but haven't had time since. I just don't have time to obsess during this TWW, thank goodness. I hope we caught the eggie, and I hope that I can give my darling son and daughter the little sibling they both want.

EOE- Good Luck and I'll keep you all in my prayers.

11 years ago

Hi all, I have been stalking your posts for a while and hope you don't mind if I join. I am 43 and have been TTC for a year now. I have done several rounds of clomid and got BFP last January, but MC in March. I have seen an RE and all of my levels are great , tubes are clear so no reason why we can't conceive. I really don't want to go IVF if I don't have to especially with cost and no guarantee. Was just wondering what has worked for you ladies who have BFPs without assistance? Just got AF today so tracking starts again now

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Ok for those of you following my sons progress, there were complications, an infection of the initial incision sight, temp 104, reopened his side and stomach muscle tear to find 3 perforations of his large intestine near the appendix. My darling, sweet, soon to be on Nov. 3, 13 year old son now has part of his lg intestine and appendix removed, muscles reattached after flushing the infected area, they did an osteotomy, and he now has a colostomy bag outside his body until his lower intestines heal properly. Then another surgery in 3 months to reattach the small and lg intestines. It's been a rough week, and he has to spend the next 14 days there, including his birthday. Please keep him in your prayers, as they are still monitoring him closely.

Blessings to you all and

11 years ago

Pix---oh no, I am sorry to hear that, y'all have been in my thoughts and prayers, for the strength to get through this, and healing for your children....

Karin--you are more than welcome here...will keep you in my prayers for that BFP...as for myself as to what I have used:

Prenatal vitamins
B-complex
fish oil
Wobenzym (for my lupus)
baby aspirin
Green Tea
Preseed
and I know some ladies take Evening Primrose oil from start of cycle until "O"

Afm--I do believe I "o" on cd 14 or cd 15..got my Peaks on cd 13 and cd 14, waiting for bbt to confirm it...

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Oh, no, pixandpoetry! I'm continuing to send good thoughts. Your poor little boy!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Pix, I am so sorry to hear about your son... I hope this will get better from here!!! Big hug!!!! You are in my prayers!

Welcome Karin...

I recommend the combination of

2g Myo-inositol twice a day
Folic acid
3 mg of melatonin before bedtime only
Omega 3
CoQH (better absorption rate than CoQ10, but if you take CoQ10, take 200mg 3x)
Prenatal
B-complex
B6

If you are not taking clomid or any other injectable hormones, I am also a big fan of vitex (but if your cycle is perfect, you may not need it).

I also took antioxidants (resveratrol, pycnogenol), but these supps can get very pricey..

Good luck!

AFM: Still nauseas and tummy has popped out already... Thank goodness I have fall/winter clothes to cover up. My biggest problem is that I cannot pee anymore... seriously! I had trouble peeing relatively early on, but when I bend forward (sorry tmi), it worked. Friday morning I woke up with a bursting bladder and when I sat down, no matter how far forward I bent, no pee was coming out. It's like there is a plug in there. I was then able to pee small amounts in frequent trips to the bathroom, after I had my morning coffee and something to drink later on, but over the weekend it has been getting worse. I got up last night around 4am as my bladder was so full, I was hurting. I could not get out a drop. This morning on the loo I was almost crying because nothing came out. After I had half a cup of coffee, finally, with enough pressure, I got some relief. I know it's because I have a tipped uterus and it must have gotten worse with the pregnancy with DS, but I am not sure how long I can manage with this.
During the day, I can only pee bending forward as far as possible and only a little bit is coming out every time. :(

EOE... thinking of you!

11 years ago • Post starter

Toronto--have you talked to your dr about the trouble you are having, that doesn't sound good and wouldn't that cause an increase risk of bladder infection? I have a tipped uterus as well, and had that problem with our last 2 but not that bad...hope u feel better (((HUGS))))

AFM--bbt confirmed "O" cd 15 on here and cd 14 on FF..so either 3 or 4 dpo.....doing rather well staying relaxed and trying to not obsess over the TWW and put it in God's hands...with being relaxed and not really focusing on the charts and timing actually looking at it now, we have it pretty well covered, so just to wait and see if a swimmer caught the eggie :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo