Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 483 Replies | Last Page

Haha Angel....have fun

User Image

11 years ago

Still in limbo. 14 or 15dpo, still bfn, still no AF. I'm fairly certain it's the B6 that's extending my luteal phase.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay - Well that is a good thing? Yes? I've got my that it's your month for a though. They seem to be going around!!

Number3 and Toronto - still so excited for you both!! And you give us 40 something's all hope! How are you doing?

Angel and Faith - Get ing you guys! We are all on the same cycle looks like, I should be getting another +OPK today, although I haven't POAS yet. Let's go get those 's this month!! It's contagious afterall!!

11 years ago

Essemkay... a longer LP is not the worst thing to have (mine is always only 10-11 days in a natural cycle and progesterone seems to drop a tad to early). Are you testing with a reliable stick?

numbers... Still bleeding? I know that they have the week-digi also in the US. I think I have even seen ads in German, but haven't found it in a drugstore. They may possibly sell it here in pharmacies for $$$ :(

Everyone else... got get the Michael Phelps swimmers!!!

AFM: Didn't poas this morning, but will do it again tomorrow and Sunday. My boobs are still not sore, I even feel that the faint soreness of the past few days has vanished today. This concerns me as boob soreness had been my for-sure pregnancy symptom. After my D&C I could observe how my boobs' soreness gradually decreased day by day and now I feel that this could be an indication that this is only a chemical. I wish it was already Monday and I could get a number!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

torontochick, the cycle I got pregnant with my little girl, my boob soreness all but disappeared 3 days prior to my beta. Freaked me out. I had gotten a positive hpt, but figured I'd lost it. My beta was 806, which is pretty high. I think your body just gets used to a certain level of hormones.

The sore boobs came back. With a vengeance.

I'm using the wondfo dip sticks. They worked for me in the past, so I would assume they're reliable. My LP is also usually 10 days and I usually don't ovulate until CD17 or 18. This month it was CD15 or 16 - so a couple of days earlier.

My period has been late 4 times before - twice I was pregnant, twice not. Who knows. I keep running to the bathroom, but nothing so far. I want to be hopeful, but I think it just must be because of these new vitamins.

pixandpoetry, generally, AF holding off is a good thing. But if it's just holding off because of the B6, then it's just holding me up. When she does appear, I have to go in on day 3 for blood work and ultrasound. My local office is closed on weekends, so if she appears today or tomorrow, I'll have to go to an office about an hour and a half away, which will suck.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Nevermind. AF is here.

Just put a lien on the baby to pay for my meds, have my CD3 appointment on CD2 tomorrow (they let me do that instead of driving halfway across the state) and we're off for IUI this month.

11 years ago

Oh no....so sorry essemkay. With AF here you are just another month closer to getting that BFP. But that witch is never a welcome sight :( How long have you been ttc?

AFM - bleeding is only when I wipe so I'm hoping that will be the end of it and I get the pregnancy confirmed at the scan next wednesday. Don't know what ill do if its bad news!!! I'm thinking I am about 5 weeks and I'm soooo tired and feeling very vunerable. Ill be 41 in Dec so for all you ladies waiting to see that BFP....it can happen and will if its ment to be.

Fingers crossed, baby dust and sticky vibes to us all x

User Image

11 years ago

number3pls, we tried for 12 years before getting pregnant with our daughter. We've now been trying 5 cycles for #2 on our own. Didn't think we'd manage it on our own, but I was really hoping we would since they never were able to find anything wrong with either of us to explain our problems conceiving.

My husband has refused to do IVF again (it costs about $20,000), so we're going with IUI (about $3,000). Only the odds with IUI are like 5-8%, which sucks.

So glad your bleeding is slowing down. Best wishes for an amazing ultrasound!!

11 years ago

OMG... an IUI for $3,000?? Are they gold-plating the sperm??

I know that IVF prizes are also insane in the States (I am not sure how people can do it without mortgaging their houses), but what the heck are they doing for an IUI that makes it so expensive (I believe the going rate for IUIs in Europe is something like EUR 600 and OOP we paid around EUR 4000-4500 for our IVFs, which is still a LOT of money for us.)

Anyway: I hope you will only need one shot!! I am sorry that AF showed but at least you can get started.

One thing to think about though... before you throw out money on an IUI for a 5% chance (I actually have read studies according to which IVF cycles converted to IUI in cases of less than 3 or 4 follicles have a much lower success rate than moving on with the IVF). So that would lead me to the question if you couldn't get pregnant naturally in 12 years, how can an IUI improve your chances if there are no sperm issues?
I am wondering if you have looked into "natural IVF" and if this would be a better option?

No matter what you decide in the end - we are all routing for you!!

And thanks btw for cheering me up about my lack of sore boobs!! :D

Numbers... if there is only blood when you are wiping, I believe you will be fine!! Bleeding is considered red flow and the need to use a pad. I had red-blood wiping with DS and it was all fine!

11 years ago • Post starter

Just want to say hi and that I have tried to stay updated with you all and WOW I'm so so so so excited and inspired to see the !!!!!!!!!!!! And ovulations and stuff....
My oldest daughter is deathly ill...it has been really hard for all of us so keep us in your prayers....

I had a chemical pregnancy this month....maybe due to stress....I had several and then showed 3 days late..super heavy and crampy.....really sad and a little down as far as ttc.

Just wanting to let you all know I'm praying for you

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo