Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

371 - 380 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Rant ahead ...
Yesterday was ovulation day, and I swear my husband picked a fight with me specifically because of that.

The fight was so stupid, he put a new black towel in with the baby's clothes and the color bled all over some of her outfits and I was upset. And he got all defensive and started yelling about how I didn't need to sigh every time I pulled another thing out of the dryer that had stains on it. I wasn't sighing in his direction, I didn't say anything other than my initial "Oh, no! Something bled on the clothes - how did this towel get in here?" But he literally just stormed out of the room, went upstairs and went to bed without saying another word to me.

We did have sex Friday night - hopefully that was enough.

Stoopid husband.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Beaedghill: You in my prayers girl I just hope this is your month hunni xx

essemkay: Aww sweetheart TTC is a huge stain on everyone including your hubby...make up sex however is awesome jump his bones tonight...I am still waiting to "O" and we have been having fun sex this month.
we had a chat about sex about 2 days ago saying that TTC was coming in between our love life.

so now we don't let it and sex is awesome once again...I hope things are better today for you babes good luck this month xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Haha - we've been married a loooooooong time (23 years), and about half of that has been spent TTC (we've had one success - she just turned 3 - and far too many losses). There's not a whole lot of spontaneous going on.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

My husband and I will be married 3 years this Oct 15. I am praying to get out BFP before we reach our anniversary.

<a href=

9 years ago

go for it haha xx

Sorry I haven't posted...craZy busy week.... and on Friday finished (I think) sending documents to try to become pre approved for a loan....

Merenda, wow! You and I are definatly in the same boat. Waiting for AF and then IUI.

Essemkay, I so know that feeling. I stopped communicating the day so he wouldn't feel stressed out. I suppose IUI will help with getting the job done. Ok, I'm just fooling myself, I can see that being a very long and painful hour at the clinic!

Beaedghill, Good luck, hope its your month! God is good!

Karlou, almost time to get your dancing shoes out!

This month, while it wasn't an active ttc month, the less stress part felt good. TTC is almost like a second job! Calculating time and coordinating schedules. I honestly don't know if an IUI will help with all this stress but, I hope so!

Love to alllllllllll!!!!!

9 years ago

The first IUI is actually pretty exciting - really feels like you're doing something and learning so much and with medical science involved, it's gotta work!

Just remember that the chances with IUI are about the same as unassisted, 20% for a woman in her early 20s. It's hard not to get your hopes up (not saying you shouldn't hope - you definitely should!!), but I found that first BFN after IUI hit me so hard, I was absolutely blindsided by the negative, so sure it worked.

9 years ago

have been dancing jaxx lol xx

essemkay very exciting times for you atm hun xx

Sorry not chatting much not too well so I am going on and off here...I think I ovulated yesterday xx

Hey everyone!

Jaxxx u r so right. It is a full time job calculating, bbt, cm, ov...
it was the most relaxing days not trying to spot symptoms and not really caring.

to be honest i felt like d rather not get pregnant the natural way because i might miscarry again. so IUI maybe the answer.

I know as essemkay said chances are pretty much the same but assuming there is a sperm issue maybe IUI can make the difference since the use only the best swimmers.

i know it is impossible to do but if you find a way "not to care" baby dancing is better and the stress is not so much.

maybe i just got tired scanning my body for pg symptoms but for some reason i feel more relaxed and more optimistic.

I wish i had a magic trick to take the stress out of all us.

i know we feel as we are running out of time but there is always a way to make our dream come true.

kisses and baby dust to all

9 years ago

I am glad you are feeling better in yourself Merenda and I see where you are coming from with the whole MC thing...good luck sweetie I hope you don't have to wait too long xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo