Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

651 - 660 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Well, chemical confirmed. AF has arrived. :(

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Dang it! Sorry essemkay

I am on my third clomid cycle. First one was not bad but I don't believe our timing was good. Misunderstanding between the nurse and I. Not a huge deal. Second one we really gave it our best shot. I ovulated in day 20 which is VERY odd for me. My cycle ended on day 32. Went from 26 days to 32. Monday I go for an ultrasound to check the follicle size. Doctor keeps saying I am one of the lucky ones...numbers are great for my age. Honestly I am trying not to get my hopes up. Don't know if I can deal with the disappointment.

Sending lots of baby dust to each and every one of you!
Peace and love

9 years ago

So sorry essemkay you and me both this month then....sending big hugs your way sweetie xxx

8 years ago • Post starter

Hope its this month for you Kcat its hard when you want it soo bad xx

Hugs to Essemkay and Karlou! Fingers crossed for everyone else!

My ovulation occured yesterday- lengthening from cycle day 10/11 to cycle day 13. I hope this means that my luteal phase is going to lengthen as well! It's the first time I was not at work during ovulation, so I was excited and ready to go. My husband- not so much. My only hope is that the dancing we did 5 days previous still have a couple of tough swimmers still hanging around. Otherwise- maybe next month.

Do you all ever have trouble "synching" up as a couple? It always seems that my husband is at his randiest when AF is visiting, and the rest of the time work and family craziness seems to interfere. If I could just get his "ready to go" to coincide with mine AND my ovulation, we might have a better chance! Suggestions?

8 years ago

Karlou - My heart goes out to you Honey!

Cupcake - maybe try switching it up a little? Surprise attack maybe? A bit of lingerie? Don't even tell him it's YOUR time, but make it about having fun. Hey, whatever works right?!

ATM - on 2nd round of IUI... maybe. Had another ultrasound on Monday with bloodwork. Nurse called me later that night and told me doc wasn't happy with my Estrogen @ 25 and doc wants it at least @ 100. YIKES! Bumped up my Gonal-f from 225 IU to 300 IU to help. This isn't looking too promising this month. It's freaking me out that my Estrogen is so low so of course I looked online to see what I can do naturally. Using Royal Jelly now, added another cup of coffee in a.m. (only 2 per day), and eating more veggies. UGH! Frustrated, but trying to be hopeful!

User Image

8 years ago

Hey cupcake yeah my luteal phase lengthened too that's great.

Haha Man are weird lol..I am lucky with my husband he is randy all the time lol.
But he is only 34 lol

Good luck sweetheart only a week left to testing xxx

Babyangel haha you make me laugh ai...Surprise attack! love the thinking.

Its not impossible to catch though hunni hang on in there are tumps of bfp's going around atm lets hope we catch the bug xxx

Hi!!! Took a couple months off. The stress was getting to me. Was finally ready to start up and just couldn't seem to get the time. Finally started went for bloods, day 3 on Tuesday! Started 250 of Gonal f. Had been on 150. Going to say that 250 has been a roller coaster. Did bloods today and nurse called my normal numbers after 4 days of Stims is 75? Today it was 254, have to go tomorrow for u/s. A bit surprised that I responded.
I'm sorry to have disappeared. Was hoping to see some BFP's when I logged on.

8 years ago

Welcome back Jaxx! Hope you are nice and relaxed. Glad to hear you are responding.

Atm - I'm in a bit if a funk. My temps are all over the place and in reality I don't think I've ovulated the last two cycles! Had IUI beginning of April with no luck, had a cyst end of April so no IUI, now this month they had increased my Gonal-F shots from 225 to 450 IU because my estrogen was so low. The 1 follicle that looked promising started to shrink last ultrasound so no IUI this month again. He said that sometimes you just have a crappy cycle, but he wants to do a complete blood work up on my 3rd day again to see my levels and if in fact it was a crappy cycle or if my ovaries are starting to shut down. I'm 46, but my mom didn't start menopause until about 52. My full blood work up was about 1 year ago and looked great on paper. So I guess we'll see. I'm going to keep trying for awhile anyway.

Sending you and ladies! Xoxo

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo