Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 746 Replies | Last Page

You pour preseed on your finger that you insert to check you cervix position and then dip it into the backing soda and the put it into your Hooha and make sure that you coat the walls of your vagina and make sure that you don't touch your cervix. Do this during your fertile window on the times of dtd it is to help you get pregnant.. It changes the ph of your cervical fluid so that it will keep the sperm alive longer.

<a href=

10 years ago

ooo I will have to try that xxx

10 years ago • Post starter

My AF showed up on the 29th...

<a href=

10 years ago

Aww sorry hun...mine was yesterday so we are both at the start again babes...heres hoping this month is our month xx

Question... I've been ttc for over a year (48 here), married my dh (7/13 he is younger), we both have previous children. Went to the Dr who sent me to a fertility clinic (they are great but unless I want a donor egg, I'm not their type of client). I went back to my Dr and did 4 months of clomid. My regular Dr sent me for a second opinion. Second opinion is fabulous.... I start Gonal F and trigger shot next cycle. Has anyone used this and had good results. My new Dr said he has had results with it, am a bit scared. This treatment is thankfully covered by my insurance.... but there are so many things that I don't know that scare me. Will it work? What are the side effects (Clomid should come with a warning....or at least a caution sign!). Because of how long we have been married, I don't think IUI, or IVF or options. I am a bit scared about having a child at "my" age, but I know we could do it!

10 years ago

I. Don't know myself hun we are trying naturally atm my hubby is younger than me too.

Let us know how it goes and the side effects, we might be in your shoes too.good luck and buckets of baby dust xx

Starting clomid next month

10 years ago

I started Gonal F shots last night. I went in for blood work and a sonogram in the morning and was told to start the shots in the evening. I sat and looked at the injection for about 30 minutes and then had my dh do it. He had absolutely no problem! I go back on Wed for blood work. I have read about side effects. When I took clomid, I should have had a caution sign tied around my neck. I took it at night and that seemed to be the only side effect, had cramping in ovaries but nothing extremely painful.
The nurse said that this has worked for others. Its still scary. My insurance thankfully covers it. Once I found out it did, I sweated the medicine, they switched it to Gonal F and this also was covered. Will post as this progresses! Hope everyone is having a wonderful month with baby dust for everyone! Hopingtobeamom, Clomid works for some. I hope you are one of them!

10 years ago

Welcome guys,
On my I hope it works out for you guys keep us posted on your progress xx

Any ladies in their tww yet or waiting to ovulate? Is there any news to share? Xx

Hers hoping we all yet this month good luck ladies xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo