Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

601 - 610 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Good you got to be in it to win it lol xx

9 years ago • Post starter

We haven't started yet in the kitchen. Had to get through the basics first.

Beaundra Edghill

9 years ago

Cant wait to hear of all your tips my DD is training to be a chef she brings home all sorts a nice lemon meringue xx

Color me surprised! Just got (finally!) my bloodwork results, my AMH is 2.4!! I was really expecting the number to be nearly zero from what google told me based on my age (46)! So my OB said he'd be glad to throw some clomid at me. YAY!

My TSH is also good at 1.39.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Awww Ess that is some awesome news babes... I hope you catch first round....when do you start? is it next cycle xxx

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to give an update. After my regular gynecological doctor told me I am in peri-menopause because I am spotting in between periods and I am at "that age". I left the issue alone because it's part of life, right? Well I was feeling worse, my moods were horrible so I decided to go to an endocrine doctor in October. I figured if I am going through menopause then I want to feel comfortable. Told her my symptoms, did NOT mention I would like a child, just how I was feeling and what the other doctor said. She did a complete blood and physical work up. Well low and behold, my blood results showed I had extremely low vitamin D. Low normal was 30, I was at 1.8. Huge deficiency. She put me on 50,000 units of D3 for 3 months. After the 1st month I started to feel much better and my spotting stopped completely. My blood results also showed I was NO where close to peri-menopause. To quote my doctor, "your body is not even preparing for peri-menopause". I wasted all this time feeling icky and the fix was so simple. I was mad at the doctor and myself. Ladies, get your vitamin D tested. There is a huge difference on how I feel.
Now as for my fertility, everything came back okay. The results were not a 20 year old result but were pretty good for a 44 year old. Due to my age and lack of time, the doctor recommended a slight push. Clomid 50 mg(taken on day 5-9) and progesterone cream (starting day 16 until further notice). I had an ultrasound done on day 12, which showed two eggs sized 18 and 22. Had additional blood work on day 19 and the results were "excellent". Doctor seems really excited. I am cautiously happy. My period is due to arrive this Friday so fingers crossed.

9 years ago

Congratulations to you. Sometimes we need to get a second opinion. Some doctors look at us and our age and just assume that we are going through menopause or menopausal..but I am so happy that things are looking up for you.

<a href=

9 years ago

Whoop whoop lets hope we get a BFP on here soon then babes keep us posted Kat xx

First I want to thank you all for giving me hope- the warmth and affection of this group is amazing, and since I have been given such warm fuzzies from reading your words I wanted to let you know.

I am 43, and my husband has never had children. I have an 18 year old from a previous marriage, but I want to give this wonderful man a child of his own. We have been letting things "happen" over the last several months, but after my AF showing up yesterday (again!) I am ready to be more proactive.

We aren't telling anyone in our families incase it doesn't happen, but sometimes it's nice to have another opinion. I feel a connection with you ladies as we are all heading for the same destination, and I look forward to sharing your journeys!

9 years ago

Well hello there cupcake... We didn't tell our family either. Good luck sweetie and we look forward to hearing your journey too xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo