Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

521 - 530 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Hi! Okay onto cycle 3 of iui! This is our last month of iui. After this it will depend on the insurance if we try ivf. I honestly never thought I would be at a point where I could possible be ready. I had a good amount
Of hope going into iui, not sure about ivf results I older women... Or what insurance will say if it's presented to them. Life is always full of challenges and this isn't any different. I know I am blessed to be able to have as much support as I have from all of you n insurance.
Would've so happy to see someone got 2 pink lines input group! Have to crawl into bed! Am sending you hugs and love!

9 years ago

The odds for IVF depend on how "old" you are. For example, all other things being equal, at age 42, the odds for IUI are about 8-10% and the odds for IVF are about 20%. At age 44, the odds for IUI are about 1-2% and the odds for IVF are about 5-10%.

I got pregnant both at 42 and 45 with IVF (baby from cycle at 45 died at the end of the first trimester).

NOTE: these odds are for using your own eggs and assume no other problems. The uterus doesn't really age, so using donor eggs or donor embyros would yield odds more in the 50-60% range.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Hi ladies
Sorry for the silence - been feeling low - I think I have officially come on today - day 28 which is unusual for me - it is usually day 23-26 but I have been using progesterone cream so I guess this has helped my luteal phase which has been poor over the last couple of years.
Not sure how many lovely ladies are struggling with this phase and if you are - them please be careful taking shatavari - this is something I have been using until I found out it increases you oestrogen phase - so if you luteal phase is short - stop taking it..
I did have high hopes of having a June baby but is was not meant to be - and although I know that it is still hard to just pick myself up and think ok, this is now not my month I know I have to keep going. The good thing is I know you will understand
What I did learn this month is if you want to conceive don't eat peas. yes it is true. I have been looking at things we should not consume - the normal coffee, smoking, alcohol and soy have come into play - which is hard for me as I am a vegetarian - I do not drink coffee or drink (I try not to drink now while I am ttc) and I have been trying to increase my 5 a day to 7. But peas have come up time and time again to hinder conceiving - in fact they do say that it is used as a contraceptive - so please google peas and find out for yourselves ladies.
The next awful fact - which has also affected me being a vegetarian and I think will affect you too because you will be eating healthily - is spinach.. Yes I put it in my smoothies every day and it says that it depletes you calcium and can cause you problems.
Sorry for being the bearer of bad news but if I can stop anyone feeling how I do at the end of the 2 week wait I will ..
Ladies - I hope you have a positive - stay strong
x

9 years ago

Jaxx and essemay lets hope this is your cycle ladies lets get this BFP trend happening xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Since I have been on clomid it has lengthened my luteal phase by 3-4 days.

I found B6 did too by 1 day.

Good luck xx

User Image

<a href=

9 years ago

Can yall see my chart?

<a href=

9 years ago

beaedghill, nope. Are you uploading it to an external photo hosting site like imgur or tinypic and then using the add image tag to paste the URL of your photo?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Send a link babes its showing me that it mine again...send the link and we can check it out xx

Happy Friday!!!!
Today was IUI day....gotta say its always stressful. Have decided to start the progestron pills in 2 days....hope this will be a positive step!
Sending hugs and love to all.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo