Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

711 - 720 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Kizmo1121 17? WOW! That's terrific! Sounds like this is going to be a fantastic cycle!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Sounds like both of you are progressing along nicely! I'm excited for you and pray that you will be blessed with a BFP and sticky bean!

Nothing exciting here other than leaving this Friday for a week long camping trip to the Smokey Mountains. We can't wait! Cooking over the fire, sitting under the stars and quality time with my dh and ds. I'm going to relish every moment!

User Image

7 years ago

3dpo. Very small chance this month. last bd time was 48 prior to O day. Not going to stress out this time.

7 years ago

Thank you BabyAngelG.

I had my ultrasound this morning and I'm at 18cm (my clinic likes to see us between 10 and 12 cm by transfer day). RE has me increasing my Estradiol, and now adding in my Prednisone for 4 days, and the Crinone nightly(progesterone cream). I have my next scan on Friday morning, if all looks good, they may be looking to transfer as early as this coming Saturday or Sunday.

When I asked why so much sooner then first planned, they said my lining was ahead of schedule and they were going to follow that this time instead of a standard "normal" protocol like we did last round. I may be on day xx on the calendar but the insides are saying I'm further along in the process it seems.

Our bodies have a mind of their own it seems.

Fingers crossed this will be my lucky round and we are blessed with a sticky bean.

7 years ago

Had my first lining check this morning. I'm not the lining superstar that Kizmo1121 is, but they said they wanted to see at least 8mm and mine is nearly 9 (Kizmo1121, I think you mean mm not cm in your measurements). Waiting on my phone call with the blood work results, but looks like everything is going according to plan!

Hope everyone is doing well! Those of you in the TWW, I wish you many distractions and lots of baby dust!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Donor is triggering tonight, retrieval is Wednesday, transfer is Monday. It's getting real!

7 years ago

Essemkay- How exciting! Fingers crossed!

I had my transfer this past Sunday. One 5 day blast, and one 5 day early blast.

So far all quiet. A bit of off and on back pain, and I really only had one point this morning with a brief pinch per se. I've also had some off and on minor cramping, but this round so far is very different from my last one.

Staying positive and a little prayer along the way.

7 years ago

Kizmo1121 Congrats on transfer!! Sounds like you have some lovely embabies snuggling in. Are you going to POAS? When's beta?

7 years ago

Update on me - retrieval was yesterday, we got 5 eggs (and 1 immature one) and we have 5 lovely embryos this morning. They'll call me tomorrow to confirm transfer for Monday.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

7 years ago

I seem to be talking to myself, but here's my last update for a few days. As of this morning, we still have 5 embryos (1 2-cell, 1 3-cell, 2 4-cells, and 1 5-cell). Transfer is scheduled for Monday morning. They won't look in on my little embabies again until then. So hopefully, they'll all be snug and growing on their own!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo