Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

591 - 600 of 746 Replies | Last Page

How are all you ladies doing? any news? xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Saw my gyno yesterday. He's sending me for bloodwork to check my AMH and my TSH levels. He said if my AMH isn't non-existant, he might be willing to let me do some stims through him (my RE is done with me unless we do IVF with donor eggs). So, I'm having a blood draw this afternoon. Hoping my number is greater than zero, I'm sure it's super duper low because of my age (I'm 46). The last time it was tested was before my last IVF in May of 2013 - I can't remember the number, but it was low -- great for my age, but low in general. But my FSH and AFC were good, and we got 16 eggs that cycle. So who knows.

Anyway, cross your fingers for me that I have a measurable AMH!

I'm kind of hoping my TSH is out of whack, because that's an easy fix. And I would like to think that all my losses were caused by that and not crappy old eggs.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Awww sweetie I really hope its an easy fix too... sounds like you have really been through it lately.

I am 44-45 in May, cant believe we lost another one. this month I have changed my diet to a more healthy eating regime and going to try baby aspirin after ovulation.

Its my last month on clomid too, I am not myself when I am on it and I put on a ton of weight.

I hope its not long til you get a sticky bean babes I hear you pain xxx

Ain't it just my luck? OPK is nearly positive this morning, I'm sure it will be positive this evening. And my husband woke up with a stomach bug. I don't think we're going to manage sexy times with his current devotion to the porcelain god.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Awww Bugger! I cant believe it I hope its just a 24hr thing hun, I had it yesterday and I am fine today.

Maybe you wont ovulate until Thursday or even Friday you are still in with a chance.

Much love xx

Hi Everyone. I am 41 and new to this forum. I normally never post on forums but my younger sister who just had her first baby suggested this site to me! I have done four iui's and one ivf with no success. My ivf resulted in only one egg fertilized for the transfer. I read so many negative things about ladies trying to conceive in their 40's that I am starting to lose hope. Any insight would help. Best of luck to you all!

9 years ago

Hi ladies been a long time. Still no baby but his is still good. I started culinary school having loads of fun. I started an exercise plan Herbelife. I try and go to the gym three days a week. So far I have lost four pounds. Wu add hing you all the best of luck. Keep thinking soon and very soon. It's going to be my turn.

Beaundra Edghill

9 years ago

Hi peterywife and welcome hunni.... have hope hun it only takes 1 egg and one sperm. so let hope you get a golden egg and super sperm.

I know its harder as we get older but as long as there is chance I think we must take it good luck hun... keep us updated xx

4 pounds wow that's brilliant sweetie, so what have delish meals have you done so far?

I am sure your time will come soon babes you are doing everything right. your in my thoughts.
xxx

coming your way

Thank you Karlou for your kind words and wishes of hope! We are hanging in there and you are so right...as long as there is a chance we must take it! I wish you all the best as well!! I will gladly keep you updated!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo