Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

681 - 690 of 746 Replies | Last Page

I am so very sorry for you loss. Keep going you will get there.

<a href=

7 years ago

So sorry for your loss Kizmo. There aren't any words.

User Image

7 years ago

Thank you Baby angel and Beaedghill for your kind words. I'm just with heavy heart and miss them. I cry at random times but have to remind myself there must have been a reason I just can't understand right now. I'm trying hard to think of the positive each time I feel sad. Things like I got to see a positive test and blood work, I know my body can do it. I know I need to take this time to grieve and then move on to get myself in a better mind set to try again. I pray that this next round will have one to hold.

Hugs to each of you in this struggle. My heart goes out to each of you.

7 years ago

I agree Kizmo - you need to allow yourself to grieve. Our minds are more powerful than we know and you will need to believe that your body can do this! Try meditation and prayer. Take care of yourself hon. Cry as hard as you like because that isn't wrong!!!! Sending you hugs and much love.

User Image

7 years ago

Hello ladies. Im 42 my dh is 44 and we have been ttc for the last 7 cycles. We have a 14 mth old dd , 1 CP and I have 3 children from a previous marriage. 2 boys, 1 daughter. My dh wants one more baby. I recently visited with obgyn to make sure i was healthy enough to try one more time. Blood work was perfect and doc said all my girlie parts are in great shape.....so why is it taking so dang long this time!!? He wants me to track temps for 3 mths and if not pregnant by then he will test DH boys and see what's going on there. He for sure has a lower libido than I. He is good with once a month (bd) and I still feel like a teenage girl.
Today I'm CD 6. Tracking temps, switched to decaf coffee, exercising, eating healthy and still taking Prenatals.
Hoping this will be our lucky month.

7 years ago

Welcome,
I just relax and take your time with ttc. ttc take time,some get pg right away. And then some it takes more time even when all is right. Everything is in God's timing. When his timing is right you and hubby will get your hearts desires. Be patient.

<a href=

7 years ago

Welcome Chicks. I hope everything works out for you. It sounds like you are doing everything right. I know it's difficult, but try not to put so much pressure on yourself.

User Image

7 years ago

Hi, I just turned 43 in April, we are TTC #2 I had a miscarriage in Feb at 7 weeks. We are still trying, hope we didn't reach the end of the rope.

7 years ago

Hello ladies I'm 44 ttc now 4 years. We are trying for a set if twins. My husband and I have children from previous relationships. But we would love to share a child together.
My advice to all of you ladies. Don't give up. Its all in Gods timing.

<a href=

7 years ago

Hi again ladies. Just dropping by with some positive vibes for us all! If you want it bad enough (I think we all do), never give up!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo