Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

731 - 740 of 746 Replies | Last Page

I just received my results. Less then one. Test was negative. I can't stop crying. I just don't know what to do now.

Essemkay, I am so praying your little one is a stick bean.

7 years ago

Oh, no. I'm so sorry.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Kizmo God is your answer. His timing is the best timing. If your marriage is hanging in rather you have a child or not then this is not the right time to have a child. You and your husband need to spend time cultivating your marriage. Spend this time loving on one another. Praying for one another. When we become greatful for where God has us in life then God will bless us with our hearts desires. We must first delight ourselve in God. Read his word. Apply his word to our lives. God wants you to be happy and he wants you to be fruitful and multiply. But he wants you first to make him your priority. Make God the center of your marriage and it will withstand anything,even the loss of a child. But you must first have God rooted in your spirit. Nothing can ever be more important than God. I hope that I'm not sounding to harsh with you. But I know how you feel and i know that God can deliver if you let him. I two have lost a child. God allowed me one year of his life. So I do understand your loss..if for any reason you may need to talk rather marrage related or just woman to woman I'm here for you. God has brought me a mighty long way. If he did it for me he can and will do it for you. Be blessed remember God is good all the time. And all the time God is good!

<a href=

7 years ago

Essem - prayers for your sticky bean!!!

Kizmo - Oh sweetie I wish I could give you a huge hug, but the best I can do is pray for you. I agree with Beaedghill. :)

User Image

7 years ago

(This passage comes from a book that I'm reading. Called 21 days prayer for infertility. I pray this passage blesses you as much as it has me)

How do you get the thing you desire from GOD? Answer: by spending time with HIM. By reading HIS Word. By obeying HIM. By doing what HE likes; by loving HIM and loving others. You do realise that some who spend time with GOD do not have the time to be in self-pity because they already know what their end will be. They are not bothered about what people say in relation to their circumstances, but they are just happy and delighted to serve the KING of Kings and the LORD of LORDS! Make up your mind today and always keep company with GOD and see the change that comes over your life.w do you get the thing you desire from GOD? Answer: by spending time with HIM. By reading HIS Word. By obeying HIM. By doing what HE likes; by loving HIM and loving others. You do realise that some who spend time with GOD do not have the time to be in self-pity because they already know what their end will be. They are not bothered about what people say in relation to their circumstances, but they are just happy and delighted to serve the KING of Kings and the LORD of LORDS! Make up your mind today and always keep company with GOD and see the change that comes over your life.

My prayer to you. Teach us to delight in you Lord, not to be consumed with our circumstances. Help us to find pleasure seeking and walking with you. We turn a new leaf today and ask the HOLY SPIRIT to lead us in all we may do and think. Thank you for giving us the desires of our heart in JESUS’S name!

<a href=

7 years ago

Grief for a Season O LORD, . . . Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves? HABAKKUK 1:12–13 THE ENEMY LOVES TO DECEIVE US INTO wallowing in self-pity, fretting, feeling sorry for ourselves, or having a chip on our shoulders. “Why did this happen to me?” “God doesn’t answer my prayers.” “Why did my marriage end in divorce?” “Why did my business not succeed?” “Why did I lose my loved one?” “Why didn’t things work out in my life?” Such questions may be valid and may even be helpful to consider for a season, but if you are still grieving and feeling sorrow over a disappointment that took place a year or more ago, something is wrong! You are hindering your future. Quit wasting your time trying to figure out something you can’t change. It’s time to move on and start living your best life now.

<a href=

7 years ago

I'll be 41 this year and TTC since June 2015. We tried two rounds of IVF last summer and none of the eggs survived. By some miracle we had a spontaneous (my first) pregnancy last November but then lost it in January. I tried a bunch of apps for tracking my BBT and "phases" but nothing was working. I finally broke down and purchased an OPK last month to track more accurately. I'm 9 DPO and looking forward to a +++ result when I test this Saturday. Fingers crossed.

7 years ago

Prayers and blessings to you.

<a href=

7 years ago

charlotte2018 good luck!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Good luck Charlotte!

User Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo