Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

641 - 650 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Well, we successfully danced two days in a row prior to my ovulation, so I was really excited/hopeful. But late Saturday I started cramping, then again off and on yesterday. *sigh* This will mean AF is showing up a week early this month, and my luteal phase is still too short to be viable.

My husband is hoping that the cramping was implantation, and since AF hasn't actually reared her ugly head I suppose it's a possibility. But I didn't experience that the first time- well, to my recollection anyway. (It was 20 years ago- maybe I just don't remember it?)

In any case, I keep hearing the anouncer's voice from the Mortal Kombat video game in my head: "Round 6- FIGHT!!!"

How about you ladies? I would love to hear some good news!

9 years ago

I wish I had good news!

But mine is mostly meh.

I'm on my 3rd cycle of clomid 50mg. Had an ultrasound on CD9 and my lining was soooooooo thin, but I had at least 3 follicles about ready to go. However, my doctor didn't actually get back to me with the results of the ultrasound until a week later, so it was too late to add any estrace to try to bump up my lining. I'm either 3, 4 or 5 dpo at the moment (CTP says 5, I say 4, Fertility Friend says 3), and just waiting for my inevitable BFN. Next month, we'll add estrace starting CD1 and see what that does for my lining. Because my ovaries are responding so well to the clomid, he doesn't want to switch to femara.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

I caught on my forth round of clomid essemay so good luck hunni xx

How about you Cupcake any news? xx

Sorry haven't been in touch been a hell of a week...9dpo bfp then 10dpo bfn bfp on 13-15dpo very faint no progression...16dpo AF hbad cramps.

Suffered a chemical pregnancy this month...that's 2 MC's and 1 CP I have had enough now...my journey is nearly over feeling helpless.

hope you ladies have better luck xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

I'm so sorry, Karlou. I'm right there with you.

I was so excited yesterday - had a faint positive. I was looking forward to testing today so I could triumphantly proclaim a BFP. But today, it's not even a squinter, I still keep telling myself that I can see something, but honestly, I think that might just be wishful thinking.

Ugh.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Sorry Karlou. :'(
I am sending everyone love, hugs and of course baby dust.

9 years ago

essemkay... sorry hun it stinks....just as you think yes we have done it...Mother nature smacks you in the guts.

Sorry sweetie I know your frustration xxx

Kcat ...Thank you sweetheart, How are things with you? xxx

Well, AF did indeed show up, so now I'm going to see if my doc will put me on Clomid. If he wants to give me the "just be patient, it takes time" song and dance I will be going to a new one. Out of curiosity- when do you start taking it? It needs to be at the start of the cycle, right? That would mean this month may be a wash as well.

I'm pulling for you Karlou! I wish there was something I could do to help, and I am sending you good thoughts and plenty of well wishes!

9 years ago

Cupcakefaerie, the last two cycles, I've taken clomid days 5-9. But next cycle he wants me to do days 3-7.

9 years ago

GL ladies on Clomid I really hope you catch I am crossing everything for the both of you.

The 1st 2 months on clomid I was okay... a bit of a demon the 3rd and caught on the fourth.

Come on girlies lets get some bloody BFP's on this forum...surely we deserve some healthy pregnancy after all this time xxxxxxx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo