Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

621 - 630 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Hello,

How are all you beautiful ladies doing?

Update for me. AF just reared her ugly head on cycle 8 of trying. This next round I was able to convince my doctor to let us try Clomid as we just found out that I also have one tube now. At some point after my reversal till this past month I ended up with a blocked tube. The doctor is not skilled to even try to see if the blockage is removable and wants to send us off to a fertility clinic which in our area means starting all over despite everything we have done and know and lets not talk about the cost and how its not covered by out insurance.

Frustrating at times. Must keep moving forward despite the set backs.

9 years ago

Oh my that's terrible, ok its good your going to see professionals in this area. but I agree so very frustrating hunni.

At least your on the right path now babes hopefully you will be telling us you have a bfp very soon xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Anyone got any other news?

hi i had twins in 2011 (love em) i was on cerazette after the boys were born. I heard the horror stories so came off. I had my first period on time then mixed from there mostly 25-30 days 30 day only once mainly 27-28. I am 40yrs and would like another. Fingers crossed for you i ovulated on the 20/03/15 and am in the 2ww and its driving me crazy never spent so much time trying to see lines lol

9 years ago

haha I know the feeling rosieholly I am 8dpo not tempted yet lo but that is only because I ovulated so early this month at CD8 give me a day or 2 and I will be scratching the walls lol ... frustrating being on cycle 15 though so want another baby xx

I know what you mean by climbing the walls! Everytime I have a possible symptom I'm like: Is this it? Is this it!?!??!! It was so much easier the first time for me- I stopped taking birth control and didn't think about it anymore. I wasn't as obsessed with trying or as worried about the time as I am now. Oh to have the body of a 20 year old again!

In news for me- I had some minor spotting Sunday and yesterday. (And I mean MINOR- probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking!) But today- the day that AF should technically start- nothing. (I feel like such a nut because I keep running to the loo to check!) I'm only 6DPO, so it's possible that the spotting could have been implantation- but I still have to wait to test and it's driving me CRAZY.

Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies- I could use all the positive energy/thoughts/prayers I can get!!!

9 years ago

Haha that is so me check check and check again lol...I hope its an inplation bleed and you give us some good news soon...if it is you should get a positive in about 4 days fx sweetie xxx

I know exactly what you mean about climbing the walls! I swear every cycle that I'm not going to record my symptoms and what do I do? You guessed it! LOL I have never been more in tune with my body.
ATM - I am so bloated from my Gonal-f injections. Not afraid of needles, but it's a different animal trying to give one to yourself. LOL I've been injecting since Thursday and have an ultrasound tonight to see how my follicles are doing. Hoping that they will give me my HCG shot tonight! Praying for a BFP this month and for everyone else out there! Best thing we can do for ourselves is to RELAX... I know it's easier said than done, but seriously take care of yourselves ladies... mind, bodies and spirit! xoxo

User Image

9 years ago

Okay, 8DPO and still no AF. making it 3 days past due. (My cycle which used to always be 28 days has since shortened to 21-22 days since coming off of Depo-Provera.) I was soooo tempted to take a test this morning, but I decided that I would enjoy the thoughts of possibility for a little while longer. Because if for some reason this month my body decided to go back to a 28 day cycle, I'm not really 3 days late.

I've always had pretty vivid dreams- they have made some of the best stories I've ever written. (I'm a writer, btw!) But this past week has been off the scale. I've been able to smell and even taste things in my dreams this week. And I'm starting to think the stress is getting to me, because I began tearing up during a scene from "The Incredibles"- and I'm a straight laced toughy who didn't even cry at her own wedding! When I say I rarely cry- I mean I pretty much NEVER cry. And there I was having to wipe my eyes during a cartoon!!! (Thank goodness the classful of kids I was in weren't paying any attention to me!)

I don't want to read too much into all this- especially since I didn't experience any of these sorts of symptoms with my first child. Food cravings, mood swings, morning sickness, crying jags- it all skipped me somehow.

How about the rest of you? Any strange things going on for you? How do you deal with the oddities that crop up during the TWW?

9 years ago

Cupcakefaerie, did you typo your dates? You shouldn't be expecting AF at 8dpo. That would be a SERIOUS luteal phase defect. If your luteal phase isn't at least 11 days long, you need to speak with your physician. There's almost no way you can get pregnant with a luteal phase shorter than 10 days. Implantation doesn't usually even happen until about 9-10 days past ovulation.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo