Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

401 - 410 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Hi olderbuthopeful and welcome... you seem to be in the same boat as me hunni... I have 2 grown children also and had a MC at 10 weeks in 2012... we had a break from TTC then after a further 9 months but now we are back TTC from this Jan...and very hopeful we will get our Rainbow baby...

Please feel free to join our little family and share your experiences and updates. xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies
welcome olderbuthopeful43

i am sorry for AF arrivals but don't give up.

Need some help here...

went to the doc today. Had a good follie of 18mm and also he tested my CM again and found alive sperm so he suggested NoT to have an IUI since it has the same exact chances with the natural way (if there are no sperm issues).
So he told me to have my trigger shot today (either Pregnyl or ovidrel and DTD tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. and then check my progesterone levels again on CD21. (since i am a new patient he wants to see what s happening every month. My levels were 14.55 last month he was ok but not happy)

so far so good... but then i freaked out....
i have a medicine fear so thinking of getting the shot gave me a mini panic attack. Thinking all possible side effects but as i was crying i though that the reason i freaked is because i think that if i get pregnant naturally i ll miscarry again since i won't get "cleared sperm" and the best swimmers (my husband motility was good but morphology was low)

so, i gave up. i said i need more time to make peace with the trigger shot. And then i did a little more crying thinking i am a quitter and i am not doing my best.

Then i did some googling... and i have a q.

is it possible to have mature eggs but fail to ovulate?

sorry for the long post...

(isn t it funny and wonderful how he find comfort in people we chat in in a forum and we ve never met more then our friends for years?)

9 years ago

Think of it as the start of the rest of your life...a new life with a baby.
you can do this hunni you can!! xx

Thank you Karlou

but i already quit this month. i am not getting the shot.

i ll try the natural way and give myself about 28 days to relax about the shot which i will definitely do my next cycle. already bought it.

9 years ago

Thinking of you hunni xx

Amen Jaxx!!!

Olderbuthopeful43 - Welcome! Hope you find support here. These are a wonderful bunch of ladies! Catch that eggie!

Merenda - TTC is rough. We all go through our ups and downs and most definitely have our doubts. Know that we are here for you! If you are that stressed by having those trigger shots then I think you're doing the right thing by postphoning. It's not good anyway to be stressed and ttc. Do something nice for yourself, relax and regroup next month! Praying for you!

User Image

9 years ago

Hi, I too am 44 yrs old this year and TTC. I got married last year, 2013. We, unfortunately had a D&C this past May, around our one yr anniversary. She was 16 wks and she was a conjoined twin. We didn't find this out until after my genetic screening. Blood work came back normal, after the agonizing 10 business day wait, but our screen/ultrasound came back positive. The only thing we were able to see that was a red flag was alot of fluid, two fluid sacs on each side of her neck. It wasn't until we had the level II screen that we could see that her heart was in really bad shape. Then it wasn't until day of D&C, which is a two day process, that we were told, when I woke up after the dialation process that she was conjoined at the head. We've finally recovered from losing her and here it is August and we are TTC once more.
I have a 20 yr old son and this is the first time I am TTC since he was born.
So, Yes, I am in the same boat with you.
Here I am on cycle day 22 and having subtle symptoms, but not sure. I'm really trying not to think too much about it.
How about you? How are you doing?

9 years ago

katemac70, so heartbreaking!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Welcome Kate sorry to hear about your loss hun... I hope it wont be too long before your feeling a bit better xx

Welcome katemac70! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! That had to be such a hard thing to go through, but I am thrilled for you that you are trying again! Sending your way!

No news here... just watching the clock.... waiting to ovulate. LOL

How's everyone else doing? Hopefully in positive spirts!!

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo