Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

741 - 746 of 746 Replies

So, this cycle was a bust. And we have no frozen embryos, so we have to start over from scratch.

I'm absolutely devastated.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

I'm so sorry Essemkay. I truly know how you feel and what you are going thru.

Hugs and tears....

7 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear that Essemkay. Sending you big hugs.

User Image

7 years ago

I'm 44 also and turn 45 in March and have been trying since May . We recently bought pre-seed , which has great reviews on getting pregnant . I have a 23 son in the military and 21 year old daughter , 13 year old son . My dh is 30 in November and we can't wait ! I take vitex,red clover,omega 3 -6-9, vitamin c , c Q 10 unibiquol , which is great for our eggs as well as Royal jelly . Vitamin e , prenatal, l - arginine , raspberry leaf, green tea . Prenatal . And drink spinach ,kale smoothies with maca and fruit . Heard the core of the pineapple is great to get pregnant . I remember it took me to get pregnant with my youngest(13) 9 months at 30 years old . I've always had natural pregnancies thank you God ??????Praying for all of you !!

7 years ago

Hello girls! I'm new here. I'm 44. I came here to find information about donor eggs. Last year I had failed try of IVF with my own eggs. Now doctors say I need to use donor eggs. This is my only chance to become a mother. So now step by step I get more into this whole procedure. I wish everyone luck!

6 years ago

Hello dear! I’m sorry about your situation. You still can conceive through ivf. Of course all of us including me would prefer to conceive naturally. I wish I could to do so... Anyway I see nothing wrong with ivf. The most important is to get pregnant and give birth to a healthy child. If ivf is necessary to do that, go for it. I will have to use ivf. The thing is that I will be using not my own eggs but donor eggs. That's little different. Well, this is different to me... Anyway as I've already mentioned the most important is a baby. We have to go all the way! I wish everyone good luck xx

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo