Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

421 - 430 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Good Morning Karlou I am doing good. My Clomid still has not arrived yet but I bought some Geritol I was reading on babycenter.com that Geritol helps women get pg. So my husband and I have been taking it since Thursday. Sorry to hear about your cold sore. That is something that I wouldn't wish on no one.

<a href=

9 years ago

Oooo that sounds interesting hun let me know how it goes...So both you and your hubby are taking this Geritol are you hun? Its been a while now your clomid coming hun xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Yes hubby and I both are taking Geritol. All these vitamins are in Geritol. Yes I talk to them today and the online operator told me that I should be receiving my Clomid in a few days.

Important Nutrients for Fertility
Vitamin D: Vitamin D is needed to help the body create sex hormones which in turn affects ovulation and hormonal balance. Yale University School of Medicine conducted a study of 67 infertile women, where it was discovered that a mere 7% had normal Vitamin D levels.

Vitamin E: Has been shown in studies to improve sperm health and motility in men. Studies have shown a diet deficient in Vitamin E to be a cause of infertility in rats. The meaning of the name for vitamin E â??Tocopherolâ?? literally means to bear young. Vitamin E is also an important antioxidant to help protect sperm and egg DNA integrity.

Vitamin C: Vitamin C improves hormone levels and increases fertility in women with luteal phase defect, according to a study published in â??Fertility and Sterilityâ??. As for men, vitamin C has been shown to improve sperm quality and protect sperm from DNA damage; helping to reduce the change of miscarriage and chromosomal problems. Vitamin C also appears to keep sperm from clumping together, making them more motile.

â??A study published in Fertility and Sterility, states that vitamin C improves hormone levels and increases fertility in women with luteal phase defect.â??

B6: Vitamin B6 may be used as a hormone regulator. It also helps to regulate blood sugars, alleviates PMS, and may be useful in relieving symptoms of morning sickness. B6 has also been shown to help with Luteal Phase Defect.

B12: Vitamin B12 has been shown to improve sperm quality and production. It also may help to boost the endometrium lining in egg fertilization, decreasing the chances of miscarriage. Some studies have found that a deficiency of B12 may increase the chances of irregular ovulation, and in severe cases stop ovulation altogether.

Folic Acid: Perhaps one of the best known vitamins necessary for pregnancy is folic acid. This vitamin helps prevent neural tube defects as well as congenital heart defects, cleft lips, limb defects, and urinary tract anomalies in developing fetuses. Deficiency in folic acid may increase the risk of going into preterm delivery, infant low birth weight and fetal growth retardation. Deficiency may also increase the homocysteine level in the blood, which can lead to spontaneous abortion and pregnancy complications, such as placental abruption and pre-eclampsia.

Iron: Studies have shown that women who do not get sufficient amounts of iron may suffer anovulation (lack of ovulation) and possibly poor egg health, which can inhibit pregnancy at a rate 60% higher than those with sufficient iron stores in their blood.

â??In a study women who were having ovulation problems, 40% became fertile after supplementing with iron.â??

Selenium: An antioxidant that helps to protect the eggs and sperm from free radicals. Free radicals can cause chromosomal damage which is known to be a cause of miscarriages and birth defects. Selenium is also necessary for the creation of sperm. In studies men with low sperm counts have also been found to have low levels of selenium.

Zinc: In women, zinc works with more than 300 different enzymes in the body to keep things working well. Without it, your cells can not divide properly; your estrogen and progesterone levels can get out of balance and your reproductive system may not be fully functioning. Low levels of zinc have been directly linked to miscarriage in the early stages of a pregnancy, according to The Centers for Disease Controlâ??s Assisted Reproductive Technology Report.

<a href=

9 years ago

Beaedhill great info u shared! Thank you

Karlou did you test again? Feeling any better with the cold?

I had my progesterone levels tested. 4 units higher than last month!!!! conception maybe???? was kind of nauseous and little sore bbs but i d rather think it is pms and not be disappointed again.

My cycle has shorten down to 26 days for the last 2 months so AF should (NoT) arrive sunday.

going for a 1 year anniversary weekend in a cute small island near athens. Wish it was ov time cause maybe the sun - beach - wine combo could do the difference :))))

keeping fingers crossed for each and everyone of us

9 years ago

Hi ladies! Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

beaedghill - Thanks for the great information! My hubby and I both take a daily multivitamin. He did a lot of research on 'sperm counts' and the 'over 50' multivitamin for men has some great benefits. I am on the woman's daily multivitamin, but am thinking about adding the Ovuboost.

Merenda - I hope it's good news for you honey! Enjoy your little getaway! It sounds wonderful! I just returned from a 4 day camping weekend and it was so beautiful and relaxing. The cell reception wasn't great, but you know what... I didn't miss it! LOL

Praying for lots of BFP news!!

User Image

9 years ago

Beaedhill my lil warrior you will have to tell me how you get on and me & hubby might have to try it babes xx

Merenda I know what you mean babes about the disappointment I think we have all been there... Now I just take one day at a time.
I did test again and another negative result, AF is due tomorrow and I had a huge drop in temps today so she is deffo on her way. xx

Never mind there is always next month xx

Karlou, you know I've got my fingers crossed for you! Sending you positive thoughts and (((((hugs))))

Merenda, I completely know how you feel. Some days are just much harder than others. Your get away sounds positively lovely!!!! Wish you could post pics!

BabyAngelG, hope all is good, keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Beaeghill, thank you, definitely need to improve a few of my vitamins.

Its been a crazy week here tooooooooo..
I have fibroids which hide my ovaries and I went in for scans on Friday and Saturday, went back on Tues and they wanted me to come back today. My Dr is super nice, he thought that the others were missing something cause my estrogen was high but my folly only measured 10...I was so bummmmmmed.... Today went in and they found the folly 21, and the smaller one 12. Came home and did the overdral (Ok, so hubby gave me shot, it kinda scares me). I am going in for IUI tomorrow. I believe that I will O tomorrow so I didn't really want to wait till Friday. It's been a bit nerve wracking. Have been worried I would miss catching the egg. Not sure how it will go, but have a big folly and at 7:30 tomorrow will have a cup of sperm... Have sperm will travel (so sound like the making of a naughty movie)

Hope everyone is good....(((((hugs)))))

9 years ago

jaxx I m so laughing with "naughty movie". you are in my thoughts. wishing you a successful IUI wih a wonderful sticky bean
kisses to all

9 years ago

More like a carry on film lmao Jaxx Carry on sperming hahaha!

you are going through it atm hun I know it easy to say just try and relax especially when everyone is saying it all the time, so I am shouting it at you lol "TRY AND RELAX!!!!" haha!

I am now a day late for af and took a asda predictor test 4 days early yesterday...now I forgot about this bloody brand and bought it again grahhhh!...never ever buy this brand ladies.
I got a ghost line yesterday and then when I done a normal hpt it was a negative I only had that one as an early test I had ghost lines on this brand before so it cant be trusted.

still no sign of af but I just wish she would hurry up and arrive now....so I can start again.
if I haven't seen her by this afternoon I will go and get another different brand of early hpt.

that's all my news atm ladies anything happening anywhere else? xx

Jaxx - so for SOME reason I have the song by Kansas "Carry On My Wayward Son" going through the brain. I know I'm goofy and proud of it. LOL Thanks for the laugh! Also wishing you with your IUI. Keeping everything crossed for you!

Karlou - It's nice to hear you are so positive! There's always hope for next month. I keep telling myself the same thing.

I believe I already ovulated on Sept. 1. Funny story, I take my bbt at the same time every morning. This morning I was so tired I fell back asleep with it in my mouth then it woke me up when it beeped. I didn't have the wherewithall to retake it thinking that it wasn't correct. I took the thermometer into the bathroom to see what it registered and it was low again so I took it again real quick. Not sure which temp to use, but thought it a little comical. Oh well.

to everyone!!

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo