Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

701 - 710 of 746 Replies | Last Page

I pray that we all get our hearts desires. This cycle my husband and I are taking Fertileaid products.

<a href=

7 years ago

Hi! I've been absent from this forum for a long time - but after a long road and so many losses and disappointments, we have moved on to donor IVF. It's taken since January to get all the testing and selections and everything ready, but we are now finally ramping up for our first cycle. Donor starts her meds tomorrow (I already started the super fun butt shots and smurfy vaginal pills almost 2 weeks ago), projected retrieval in 2 weeks with transfer 5 days after that. Wish me luck!!

I'm sorry to see some sad news for some of you recently (I only read back 2 pages). Kizmo1121 my heart aches for you! I know that pain all too well. We are almost cycle buddies, I'm crossing everything for you!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Thank you Essemkay. I so wish you the very best my dear!

I have started my meds for my last frozen embryo transfer. This will be the end for us. I too am using donor eggs, fertilized by hubby. I pray that I can hold on to this one or two this time. We will be transfer the last 2.

On tougher news, we were just informed our IVF clinic is closing next month too. So I will just get the transfer done and be totally on my own to get to my follow up care from my OBGYN and hope she can talk over the special care that IVF needs. There is so many details to watch and be on top of, that I will be on my own to watch out for and push to get my OB to look at and order. To say the least I am very stressed but trying very hard to relax too.

I pray each day for the strength to take the next step and to understand that I'm exactly where I am to be under his care. That I can't change the outcome of what it will be and to be in the moment to enjoy each step.

6 weeks was a short time to be in the moment with my last pregnancy, but it really opened my eyes to take each step in stride and one day at a time. Try to find the good in each day, no matter how small or silly it might seem.

My transfer date will be between Aug 9 - 11 depending on my uterine lining.

Hugs and prayers for each of you on this journey.

7 years ago

Kizmo1121: I will just get the transfer done and be totally on my own to get to my follow up care from my OBGYN and hope she can talk over the special care that IVF needs.

What special care do you need?

This is my 4th IVF (first 3 were my own eggs) and the only thing different than a non-assisted pregnancy as far as OB care goes was the progesterone and an earlier ultrasound and an extra beta test. With a non-assisted pregnancy, the OB didn't even want to see me until at least 8-10 weeks, and just did the one pregnancy test and ultrasound (to make sure not ectopic).

Although I've never done a FET, does that require more monitoring? I know for this donor cycle, they've told me I have to continue estrogen injections every 3 days until 10 weeks in addition to daily PIO injections.

(I've never done PIO injections before, I'm not looking forward to those! My poor butt!)

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Essemkay - Hello. My first cycle I did the PIO injections...really honestly hurt, badly. My hips still are achy 2 months after I stopped. Hubby felt so bad giving them to me each night. This cycle we are going with the suppositories as they think the injections for me, may have contributed to high stress levels that didn't help us any.

For me, they want to see me get regular medication level blood draws done afterwards, I will stay on Estradiol every 6 hrs for 4 months, and the Progesterone for at least 3 months daily. Then they want me to get an Ultrasound at 6 wks, 7wks, 8 wks, and 12 wks to check for normal growth and to see number that implanted and are growing. So by special care, I meant that under my clinic plan, it would mean extra steps that my OBGYN wouldn't normally do or monitor that early on.

Maybe my clinic was above cautious, but I appreciated the extra checks. It calmed my nerves of not knowing.

7 years ago

Kizmo1121Wow, that's a LOT of monitoring!!

Are you doing estradiol orally or vaginally or IM-ally?

I do estrace 2mg tablets vaginally (so blue, so messy!) twice a day and then del estrogen IM injections every 3 days. I keep hoping that my husband will get better at the injections before the PIO start, but he really stinks at it. Worries me. All my other IVFs and IUIs, I either did crinone or endometrin - which are both vaginal. So messy, but I didn't have to rely on my husband and my butt didn't suffer!

7 years ago

Essemay - I was really lucky, hubby did really well with the injections. Took his time and was really careful. Even our nurse giving us the training class said he was a natural at it. I was just overwhelmed with them was all. It really stressed me out and the pain was a lot for me.

I take Estradiol orally. 2 blue pills every 6 hours. :-)

I will also start the prednisone 3 times daily for 4 days prior to transfer as well.

I have heard the cream is messy but given the alternative, I'll try it! Hubby is much happier with this option as well. :-)

I so hope this will be your lucky round. Please keep me posted!

7 years ago

Essemkay & Kizmo- prayers for you ladies. Xoxo

User Image

7 years ago

BabyAngelG - thanks, hon!

Just checking in, anybody have anything exciting going on?

I'm supposed to get an update on the donor's cycle sometime this afternoon. I'm obsessively checking my e-mail, even though I know from all of my zillion past cycles that there's not going to be much useful information after only 3 days of stims. My lining check isn't until Thursday.

7 years ago

Fingers crossed for you Essemkay!

I had my cycle day 9 ultrasound on Monday and my lining was at a whopping 17cm already. My clinic Everything looked great. I have another ultrasound tomorrow morning and that the RE will use to determine transfer day next week for me.

Fighting back fear. Praying all goes well.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo