Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

411 - 420 of 746 Replies | Last Page

I am 8dpo babes going to test on Sunday xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Just found out that my Clomid will not be in for another 3 weeks..... I am going to be so upset if I get my BFP this cycle and still yet my Clomid has not arrived. I don't think they have a return policy...lol

<a href=

9 years ago

We have all had one busy week!

Katemac70, welcome. I'm so extremely sorry. (((hugs)))
Olderbuthopeful, welcome. This is a great place for support, your not alone!
Merenda... I know exactly how you feel. I've been doing injectibles for 4 months. My hubby had to give them the first month...after that I decided I wanted to be in charge and did it when I wanted. I do the ovidral shot! It's not as scary because I'd been getting shots and lets face it... I get my blood tested about 8 times a month, so while its not fun, I've gotten used to needles. The trigger shot is a bit bigger, but I was in a place where I needed to use it... TMI here, bathroom stall at work. I scared me, but the I kept my mind on the bigger picture. You can do it. Inbox me and I will give you my # if you need help.
Karlou, Can't wait for Sunday! You know we are all praying/hoping/fingers&toes crossed for you!!!! http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif
Essemkay- Good luck! Hope all is good!
Me; got bloods Tuesday, estrogen not as high as hoped go back on Friday for bloods and a sonogram. Then they will let me know when to go back,.... the whole IUI is a bit of unchartered territory for me. I normally use trigger and ti, but this time.... no ti. If we do conceive, it will be an interesting conversation about where babies come from!!!! (smile there).
Still waiting to hear about loan preapproval. Got a notice that my credit was pulled this morning... Getting pre approved for a loan is a whole lot like ttc!
Hope everyone is having a great week!
(((((hugs)))) & & prayers&

9 years ago

Jaxx6207, Thank you so much for the welcome and the hugs. So sweet of you.
It sounds like you are going through alot with ttc. I pray that your pre-approval for loan goes through. Funny that you said it's like ttc.
I'm wishing all the best for you and hoping you conceive very soon!
((hugs)) to you too!

9 years ago

Welcome Kate!
what a story and what a strong person you are to overcome it!
Good luck in your tic. We are all in almost the same boat here and it has been very comforting talking to wonderful ladies who are always "here" when you need them.

Thank you so much Jaxx. It is not the shot am afraid of, it is the drug. But i will definitely go for whatever it takes next cycle. For the moment i did my BD and got in to the tww again.(happy loan approval)

Beadghill get that BFP and nothing will be able to upset you (or everything will) :)))

Karlou keeping fingers crossed for you

babyangelg essemkay ldrbuthopeful (i hope i am not forgetting anyone) have a bfp ending cycle

Kisses and hugs to all

9 years ago

Awww thanks guys as the months are passing I have a new hope and hoping this is the month xxx

So.... I woke up with a big fat cold this morning! Thanks to my 'back-to-school' son who thoughtfully passed it along. LOL Of course since I am charting my bbt it is all out of whack now! I told my dh it was all screwy and he commented about looking at the source! Ha! He thinks he's funny. Guess I'm going to rely more on my opk and bd every other day then!

Lets get a bunch of bfp this month ladies. Wouldn't that be fantastic?!!

User Image

9 years ago

Hi!
Yes, it is good to be with a group of women who are experiencing the same thing! Sometimes its a bit hard to talk to my friends. Most would wonder why I want a baby at my age!
Still working on my loan. Paid off old debt and my numbers fell...grrrr.
IUI, spending more time with the Dr. Was there yesterday and again today! Due to holiday had to pick up more drugs. Fell asleep last night and thank God someone called because I woke up fast and ran to get the meds. Think I might have vented a bit to nurse this morning. Have to get bloods every time you go! She laughed. Said its normal to feel that way. Hubby sperm at question and I'm doing treatments to make sure egg has good lining and ready before IUI. Think he should have a colonoscopy as a sympathy measure!!!!! ... Grrr
I am counting my blessings today. Found out that when I went to get med the cash price was $912. OMG, I have a 0 copay. I'm grateful that I have insurance but the kid in my is a bit impatient and wants instant gratification! Hope everyone is having a greeeeeeattt day!

9 years ago

Aww Jaxx hun sounds like your having a stressful time atm hun, I hope things will be better soon and your loan will be approved.

I got a nice big cold sore on my lip today, nice...not!
testing tomorrow but not holding much hope as I have been ill this month, but I am prepared for what ever happens.

How are the rest of you ladies doing? xx

Took a hpt and it was neg and got a nice BIG! MASSIVE! cold sore on my lip D: nice! not! lol...I am due for af Tuesday so will test again tomorrow.

How are you ladies doing? any news? xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo